Whipped Gingered Orange Mousse soap

Brenda

Beautiful Brenda, I really need to get working on my whipped soap soon. Did you use Crisco in this soap and have you tried any of your whipped soaps in the shower? Just curious to how well they lather and how creamy they are compared to regular CP.

Did you use Crisco in this soap and have you tried any of your whipped soaps in the shower? Just curious to how well they lather and how creamy they are compared to regular CP.

Here they are cut with a banana soap at the right rear. Yes, Crisco is in this recipe and I prefer it over the other that I tried.

cut_whipped.jpg

Here's a picture comparison of the lather from two banana bars; one with olive oil and the other with sweet almond:

whipped_compariosn.jpg

It was pretty tricky to snap photos with one hand so these aren't the best! You can see that the soap with the olive oil has smaller, more prolific bubbles than the sweet almond; but the sweet almond bubbles are larger. When I continue to work the bar, the big bubbles drop out and a fine lather appears on both bars, but the olive is creamier. Does description answer your question? The recipes were identical except for the oil substitution and minute differences in lye amount.

I've not used it in the shower, only on my hands so far. There's a frothier feel to the bubbles than with CP. I guess I'll give it a go tomorrow in the shower.

I'm feeling my way with this stuff. If you want I'll post the recipe I used in the recipe thread. Just let me know here. The wonderful thing about whipped soap is how it doesn't much change the OOB smell of the FOs - at least the ones I've used so far. Plus - no heating of oils!

Wow, glad they lather up just as well. Was wondering about the crisco in the recipe. But they turned out very nice. Guess I am gonna have to practicing soon. Thanks for posting the pictures, and congrats on the great bars!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a piping bag that has a tip connector, insert that into the bag then attach the tip and screw on the connector. If not, just slip the tip into the bag. Then fold down the top inch and a half or so of the upper edge of the bag to the outside - so the fold makes a "lip" that helps "stop" your hand from slipping off the bag's open end as you carefully spoon in the soap. :)

Brenda, you outdid yourself again! Those are wonderful soaps!! I just love the colors and the piped guest soaps!! I used to make decorated cakes for everyone around and now I think I have found a use for some of my cake supplies too!! Thanks hon!!

God Bless,

Lynn