Has anyone tried the Golden Brand soy ???

I love the 464. I get great adhesion, smooth tops and I love it's creamy appearance. I find it easier to wick (but I use cd's & papercore wicks) and easier to pour @ higher temps. The throw has been incrediable for me & I get awesome responses from others.

I've tried the 415, it's okay but I found it harder to wick with certain f/o's.

I've been testing the 474 votive wax and I'm loving it, too. But these are just my opinions.

That reminds me, someone from Golden Brands left me a message the other day. I am scared to re-start testing over....I am 1/3 way of converting my old formula to greenleaf...

Will have to do some searching on this site to get some more feedback :)

That reminds me, someone from Golden Brands left me a message the other day. I am scared to re-start testing over....I am 1/3 way of converting my old formula to greenleaf...

Will have to do some searching on this site to get some more feedback :)

Don't be scared to call me. I really am a nice guy....I promise.:D

jason

I read the discription on both of these waxes, 444 & 464...similar but different melt points. My question is since it's 98% soy and 2% soy additive can you say it's 100% soy? Someone posted on here that 464 is 100% soy and since it doesn't state "100% soy" in the description I question if you can say that?!

I've tested the 464 and really wanted to like. You can pour it hot and get a decent looking candle. I always got varied amounts of frosting with each candle, even in the same batch, side by side. Always seemed to get frosting of the bottom of the jar and a little on the sides. I liked the wicking but I found that the 464 was almost too soft with a mushy texture that I just didn't like that much. I will probably keep experimenting with it. The 415 is a pure soy and very similar to CB-Pure.

I am a "newby" to soy and the 1st (I only) wax i tried was the 464...I really like the smooth tops and it was easy to wick (you can wick down). I get a little frosting, usually a few days after pouring, especially if there have been variations in temp...but no one but me seems to mind it! I initially had issues with the scent throw but i think longer curing has solved them...(at least 5-7 days curing is necessary, IMO). Overall, from what I have read...in comparsion to other soys, it seems like it is relatively easy to work with and gives good results. AND it is inexpensive ($34/case) which makes it possible to ship (I live in CA). HTH

Lili

I am a "newby" to soy and the 1st (I only) wax i tried was the 464...I really like the smooth tops and it was easy to wick (you can wick down). I get a little frosting, usually a few days after pouring, especially if there have been variations in temp...but no one but me seems to mind it! I initially had issues with the scent throw but i think longer curing has solved them...(at least 5-7 days curing is necessary, IMO). Overall, from what I have read...in comparsion to other soys, it seems like it is relatively easy to work with and gives good results. AND it is inexpensive ($34/case) which makes it possible to ship (I live in CA). HTH

Lili

wow I had to give 48 a case at alabaster!

wow I had to give 48 a case at alabaster!

I get mine at Gateway (1-877-220-1963). No website (that I know of) but they are very nice and even shipping was decent! I called around and they had it the cheapest.

Lili

I read the discription on both of these waxes, 444 & 464...similar but different melt points. My question is since it's 98% soy and 2% soy additive can you say it's 100% soy? Someone posted on here that 464 is 100% soy and since it doesn't state "100% soy" in the description I question if you can say that?!

According to Jason at GB the additive is soy-based, so you could say it is 100% soy. IMO :grin2:

geek

This is a list of everyone who carries the GW464.

1) Gateway- call 1-877-220-1963 or email at Kkackley@gatewayfoodproducts.com for more information. Ask for Kris. They are located in Dupo, IL.

2) Alabaster Candle Supply- you can call the Alabama or the Louisville Location.

3) Southern Sensations- They are located in Flat Rock, MI.

4)SoyCandle.com- based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is a new company that will carry ALL of the Golden Brands products. The website is now active and you can reach them at 1-866-375-8969

5) Makes Scents Candles- Based out of Ohio.

6) Aztec International- based in Knoxville, TN.

7) The Candle Makers Store- based in Hamilton, OH.