Mango Papaya Mottled Experiment with Fisher Trop

DanaE

Okay, here is an attempt to make a mottled pillar using the Fisher Trop. I should say ahead of time that this pillar came out completely dry, no seepage at all, which tickled me.

It's 4045H, 1/4 teaspoon of vybar 343, 1/2 teaspoon of Fisher Trop and 3T stearic. It also has 1.25 ounces of FO per lb. I actually made 7, but they seem to be stuck in their molds and this is the only one that came out so far!

I've done 1 burn on it so far. After 3 or 4 burns I should know if the wax is going to bulge or not. At least I'm getting a lot of FO in it without seepage.

DanaE

post-296-13945837818_thumb.jpg

I did a search to find out what Fisher Trop is, and, as it turns out, I have some, called clear xls from P'ette, which I added to my 1343 to make 'canes prior to getting the 1554 wax.

I'm just wondering .... I understand why you're using the vybar 343 (help w/ mottling) and the stearic (to help hold the FO, to decrease FO from seepage), but why are you using the Fisher Trop? I'm curious why you're increasing your melt point.