Scent Works FOs in Candles

Alajane

I can't resist a sale and the 20% off deal from Scent Works makes me just itch to try them for the first time.

But in doing a search on these boards, almost all the recommendations I found for Scent Works FOs were for bath & body products. Does anyone have any recommendations for SW fragrances to be used in candles?

By the way, I use a blend of J223 & soy, but it doesn't have to be specific to that--I just can't find candle recommendations from them.

Thanks,

Jane

I agree with Scented. I am betting a lot of them would be good in wax, but are way too expensive. I think if I am spending more than $22 or $23 a bottle, it is gonna be strictly for soap and B&B. JMO.

Ambra del Nepal is really nice in wax, it's not blow-your-doors-off strong, but it is a very romantic and steady scent. 'Spensive for candles, though. I mixed it with some Buttercream Crunch from WYW to enhance the throw and it was pretty delish, if I do say so.

SW Sandalwood Vanilla is positively delish in candles! I've also done LLC but will stick with Lemon Pound Cake for that (cheaper), and some others...I use SW Ambra de Nepal for soap and B&B but Daystar's for candles - cheaper! Pink Sugar, as already mentioned, is wonderful. Has a depth that I've not come across in any other Pink Sugar.

Jen

I just took advantage of their vacation sale and don't plan on putting any in oil in wax. I too think they are too expensive to do that. Plus they sound so good for B&B that I can't resist. I got Bubba Bees Baby Milk, Winter Solstice, Osage Orangewood and Mayan Gold.

I think ScentWorks f/o are the ultimate oils for B&B and they are tested for CP soap so one knows just what to expect. I am willing to pay more for these premium f/o's but I shutter when thinking of using them in candles ... mainly because I hoard them for my soaps/butters/lotion. Very upscale scents in my opinion.

I just took advantage of their vacation sale and don't plan on putting any in oil. I too think they are too expensive to do that. Plus they sound so good for B&B that I can't resist. I got Bubba Bees Baby Milk, Winter Solstice, Osage Orangewood and Mayan Gold.

That Bubba Bees Baby Milk is a great scent. But I think the Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath from OT is better, IMO. Mayan Gold is one of those scents you either love or hate, it's quite earthy. I put Neroli d Orsini in soy and I wouldn't recommend it, the scent throw was weak. LLC does throw in soy, but I really am not crazy about the scent. (gasp...:tongue2: ) Black Cashmere throws pretty well. Bamboo Ji is a fantastic scent, it hasn't been in wax as of yet.

I was looking at the Bamboo Ji and it sounded wonderful. It's on the "next time" list. I too can't stand the LLC - smells too much like lemon pledge for me. I could have spent a small fortune at SW with the amount of wonderful, complex fragrances they have.