Preference for dye

I have the blocks. powder and liquid. The liquid has a chemical smell to me but the colors are great. I mostly use powder because it's easier for me to get the same color on a regular basis but the colors aren't as dark. Blocks are hard for me to cut...maybe there is a trick...but I don't get consistant color because of my cutting. Ginger

I use powder and liquid. Liquid is great because it's very easy to use and 1 ounce will last you FOREVER. I've never really noticed The smell of them affecting any of my scents. But they can be kinda unpredictable if your color mixing...imo. Powder is great for color mixing, but you have to watch because sometimes they can leave a sandy redisue at the bottom of your candles or pour pots. Everyone has their own opinions on what works best though but I'd go with liquid if you can find the colors you like in it.

I don't use liquid myself but have heard from others that it can be quite messy. I have blocks and chips, I use blocks when I'm making something creative and chips when I want to be consistent. You can put 1/2 or 1/4 chhip in different wax batches and still get the same colour.