Trying to Contact The Scent Works, but no response...

They really prefer you dont call them; at least thats what I was told a couple of months ago. I emailed them yesterday regarding an order I placed last week, and got a response within a few hours. Try emailing the customer service, not the sales dept. HTH, Linaya

They really prefer you dont call them; at least thats what I was told a couple of months ago. I emailed them yesterday regarding an order I placed last week, and got a response within a few hours. Try emailing the customer service, not the sales dept. HTH, Linaya

They tell you that Linaya? Cuz my response is why post a phone number lol.

Yeah, a month or so ago, I had a problem with an order and needed to contact them ASAP. When i did, they answered the phone, said to please email them the question, and hung up. Can you believe it?!!! They did respond to all emails very promptly, though. They just dont like people to call.

See, I also had thought it was weird to post a phone number if they dont really want people to call. I have had a problem with them quite a few times, but I love their FO's so much, I cant stop ordering from there! The latest issue was, I placed an order last wednesday. Never got a shipping comfirmation email. So yesterday, i emailed them and asked what the status of my order was. They said they had a problem with the address coming up in their system as invalid, and they put the whole order on hold. AFTER they charged my credit card. Never once tried to contact me through email or anything about the address. So, I gave them the correct address and they said they would send out the order today. Problem is, it was a gift for a friend of mine in another state that is leaving for a month-long vacation on Saturday, and she really wanted the take this stuff with her and now it wont be there before she leaves.

But, they are the ONLY supplier for some FO's I use; so what else can I do, ya know? I always try to give suppliers the benefit of the doubt if there is a problem, but this kind of ticked me off that they didnt even try contacting me and they had already ran my credit card through.

A friend of mine has had trouble with her e-mails to them going unanswered as well.

I have that same problem with a different supplier. They've had stuff listed as OUT OF STOCK on their website forEVER, but when I e-mail them politely, I never hear back. Really annoying. :mad:

Well Linaya I would let them know how you feel and maybe take a look elsewhere for FOs if you are unsatisfied. That's an issue I would take up on the phone and would be a little stoked to be told don't call us. You might look at Oregon Trails and their FOs. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I called them (Scent-Works) yesterday about an order that I placed (I saw that they were going to be gone from the 15th to the 30th, and inquired as to wether my order would ship prior to them closing for vacation. I don't know for sure who I spoke to, but she was sweet as could be...assured me that my order would ship and low and behold I got a fed-ex tracking number today. Sweet as pie on the phone and not kidding about getting that order out! :D

I have a problem with a supplier and placed a second order thinking maybe they were swamped, but this seems to be consistent. I placed an order the 1st time and it took 4 1/2 weeks to get my order after emailing and calling them. They finally decided to send me my order. I guess I didn't learn my lesson, so I thought I would try and order once more and now it is almost 4 weeks and still no order. They had no problem taking money from my visa. I have called them and emailed them with no response whatsoever. I am going to talk to my bank and get a charge back. I have had it with these companies. We need to start a list of how good or bad the service is at these suppliers. I am not even sure how to do this...

I had a supplier who took three weeks to get me a bottle of fo. I griped but thought maybe it was just an unusual thing. Then she had a prebuy. I ordered and almost three months later I asked when I was going to get my fo. She said there was a problem and it as soon as her supplier got the new batch to her she would get it right out.

Nice of her to let her customers know.

I asked for a refund and I will not order from her again. Ever. She too has nice oils but you know what? Someone always has nice oils and some of them even understand how to be a good supplier.

Hi folks,

We have a phone number listed to help you with customer service and any questions you may have regarding our products. The reason a customer would have been asked to send an email would normally be because there was a change or problem with an order. We learned early into our business life that taking verbal changes on orders resulted in misunderstandings and errors. Therefore, we may ask for any adjustments to an order be sent via email to customer service.

If you need help with something, customer service is more than happy to do so. If we have missed an email, I apologize; it may have been inadvertantly deleted. Please feel free to email me directly;

tish @ thescentworks.com

Never got a shipping comfirmation email. So yesterday, i emailed them and asked what the status of my order was. They said they had a problem with the address coming up in their system as invalid, and they put the whole order on hold. AFTER they charged my credit card. Never once tried to contact me through email or anything about the address. So, I gave them the correct address and they said they would send out the order today. Problem is, it was a gift for a friend of mine in another state that is leaving for a month-long vacation on Saturday, and she really wanted the take this stuff with her and now it wont be there before she leaves.

This is apparently a misunderstanding, but an important one I need to clarify. We do not EVER charge anyone's credit card until we are ready to ship. Your order was packed and ready to go. We were trying to run the bar code label to ship your order, and had JUST learned that the address was "undeliverable" by the post office. We would have sent an email to you to clarify it; Customer Service had your order flagged to respond to you. It was a coincidence that your email arrived just as we found out about the discrepency in the address you provided.

Once we were given the correct information and the post office approved the address, we corrected the label, shipped the order and sent a confirmation. The actual billing of the card was done at that time. We NEVER, EVER bill before initial shipment. Never ever ever...(except for fastbuys, as noted on our site.) If you check with your bank, you will see that any charge from us was not made until the date of shipment. It's just the way we do things.

As far as the delivery to your friend, we are very sorry for the shipping problem, but we cannot control whether an address is correct. Nevertheless, there was no delay introduced by us; we stated delivery time on the confirmation you got for the order and kept to our promised lead time. Your order was shipped on schedule, despite the delay due to the address problem.

Yes, we did get an astounding number of orders in our most recent sale. We're working pretty hard with 14-hour days and lots of overtime to get them out and shipped in a timely manner. It looks like we're still adhering to our posted policy on shipping, despite the overwhelming response to the last sale. I really have to give credit where it is due: Mike, David, Bob, Sherry, Laura and the rest of the warehouse crew have been MASTERFUL at getting orders out and replenishing stock in a timely way. You cannot begin to imagine the effort and organization that takes.

As we have posted, every order we have inhouse WILL ship prior to our shutdown next week.

Thanks everyone, for your support and understanding.

hth,

tish