Seashells?

Those are beautiful, Candle Man. Some of the prettiest I've ever seen are on Donita's website. I live right on the beach so can pick up as many as my lazy self will but don't know how to do those candles. I've only used them in gels.

Thanks Jooniper. They aren't hard.....practice makes perfect. My first one was made using a salt box for a mold. You just have to understand the hurricane principal....or I have embedded them around the bottom of pillars too. Just have to have inserts. I have used hair spray bottles for inserts....I see everything as some kind of mold.....LOL.. Donita

Jooniper, go to Donita's homepage link and check out her tide pool candles. They are to die for! If I had those for sale here at Pawleys Island I wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders!

I forgot about that, Donita. I friend recently gave me one of those straw things that you hold the cheap paper plates with covered with shells she had picked up and cleaned from the beach outside my house. A lot of the gift shops around here also have mirrors framed with them. My mother used to make mobiles with them. Our island house is old and rustic. We've been lucky about not blowing away here in hurricane alley.

I drilled holes in capiz shells and strung them on thin fishing line and put them in my bathroom window. When I was a little girl, I used to punch holes in them and make jewelry. I have played with seashells my whole life. My grandchildren love it. They bring their friends into my studio and let them and fill up a bag..... My grandson calls my studio "Candle Paradise".....so cute. Donita