Starting CP soapmaking

barncat

ok...I want to start making CP soap. Go a few recipes stored up i want to try, but what are the basic ingredients need to have stocked up in before I start. I figure once I make a few types, i'll want to keep making them and making them....so its Ia good thing I build my inventory. TIA

Lye. Distilled water. You don't want me to list must haves. In fact, avoid what I do ... don't become a collector till you make a batch lol. I have so much oil and stuff I'm not sure I remember why I got it and now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with it.

I figured lye, i have a call in to an old friend to buy direct. I used to be a chemical buyer for a manufacturer, so glad I kept those phone #s. Can you make your own distilled water...everytine I go to Wal-amart they are out of it. I usually by 15-20 gallons of it at a time anyhow.

I just use my regular tap water, but I have great water. Some of the stuff you need.

Stick Blender

Scale

Mold Freezer Paper I made my first in a shoe box.

Gloves

Eye protection

Something to protect you lungs when mixing the lye

A nice easy fo

Robin's Tutorial printed out and memorized , I must have read it 50 times

A recipe and have fun.

Another bit of advice, learned the hard way. No bare feet and sweep or vacuum up after. I must have let a grain or two of lye fall onto the floor. Stepped on it and didn't notice till it ate a tiny hole in the bottom of my foot. Nothing serious, but seriously painful.

Since I have small children I won't be making that mistake again!

hello new my name is terri all my friends call me TJ

cant use lie, how or what can i do. I thought about melt and por soaps. I would like to know who has the best melt and por soaps, also do i need to start with soap startern kits first. help:D

• 1 month later...