I Need a small sample of gel wax ??

Brooke

Can you tell me where to find a small sample of gel wax? for testing

Versagel® C HP:Heavy density- used mainly to suspend heavier objects.

:tiptoe: so far they are all larger quantities than I would like to just test with.

Always appreciate your thoughts :wave:

Brooke

Would love to help you out, but I just used my last bit of the HD. I've gone back to the medium because I'm mostly using it right now for food-type candles. If I think of a source for you, I'll let you know. By the way--I did NOT notice much difference at all between the high and medium density when it came to embedding heavier objects. I bought the high because I thought it would be a greater difference and the difference in price wasn't that much.

Hi Luci,

Thanks anyway!!!!!!

I just did find the companies link. However when I submit a sample request its not going through. I will have to wait til Wednesday when they are open and ask for a sample by phone.

http://www.penreco.com/index.asp

Have a good one !

Brooke

Just a update to let anyone know. I could not get a free sample from

Penreco. They directed me to one of the suppliers to purchase a sample.

Darn :waiting:

Can you tell me where to find a small sample of gel wax? for testing

Versagel® C HP:Heavy density- used mainly to suspend heavier objects.

:tiptoe: so far they are all larger quantities than I would like to just test with.

Always appreciate your thoughts :wave:

Brooke

I have some HD Gel, how much do yu need?

I sent you PM

I am just looking for enought to test out a car freshener idea.

Called my local Michaels Craft store. They have gel wax instock not sure on

the density info.. she couldn't find it. Either way on their website the gel wax they carrry is from Penreco just not label so.

For 23oz. for $10.99 I can stop by her store and buy some.

And hope that it is the MD or HD form.

Most craft stores carry low density gel.

Thank you Vicky,

Everyone has been so helpful.

If I test out this low density gel, how would it compare to the

HD or MD.

All I am looking for at this point the the scent throw of gel wax compared to the material I am using now for car fresheners.

I've used the bucket of gel from Michaels. The only one they had here was the 7 lb bucket for @ $30. It did not list the density, but after using both high and low density, too, it is probable that the Michaels is MD. As I mentioned above, I really didn't find much difference between the MD and HD. I've had a couple of people tell me that they have left candles I did in MD in their cars and were amazed at the scent. Said that just having the candle in the car was so much better than any car freshener they had ever purchased. Some were smokers, too. So, I bought water crystals and made smelly gellies and gave them. Everyone said the candle was better!

I have also got it from Michaels when I was in a pinch for pies I still feel it is LP also because you don't know for sure your really need to treat it as LP.

Because of mine and Luci different opinions is one very good reason why you should just stay away from craft store gel. They just don't give you enough info. so we spend a lot of time guessing.

More than likely Vicky is correct on this. I haven't been at it as long. I also have only purchased LP once. I purposely bought the LP for a particular project I was working on. That's my only comparison that I have to go with. It was so thin and greasy that I thought it must be some kinda homemade something, but the pkg. did have the Penreco label. At any rate, it worked for my project so I didn't cut up about it!

The gel (from Yaley) sold at Michaels and other craft stores is definitely LOW density. When I first started making gel candles, I contacted Yaley and inquired about that and their response was that it is Low density gel. When you put a chunk of each side by side, the medium is much clearer. You can even feel the difference when handling it. Low density feels very oily compared to the medium density. Suspending items in low density won't take long until they sink to the bottom. Last but not least, low density can't hold as much scent as the medium can. So for those of you who already have the low density (craft store stuff referred to above), I would suggest you get a sample of a true medium penreco, and do these comparisons. There are differences!

• 2 months later...