When you sell candles in a show do you....

billyne

when you are selling at a show, do you.....  

71 members have voted

1. 1. when you are selling at a show, do you.....

• have one candle of each scent open for customers to smell
    • leave them closed and let them open it themselves
    • other---please specify

i put all my candles on bakers racks.. and keep them closed and let the customers open to take a sniff of each one.

if the weather permits i will lite a candle that i feel has a really strong scent and it works.. brings them over and they smell them all.

Mine is "other". I usually try and have at least one of each size (three) on the display shelf, and lots more of my most popular scents. It is usually pretty much wall-to-wall candles in my booth. Then I keep extras behind my shelves (there is storage under them) and under the tables in boxes. As they buy, I try and replinish the empty spots on the shelves. Then, on my check out booth, I keep one lit.

I leave my lids on and people come by,stop and say "I can smell your candles with the lids on". Most of the time smell all of them.I ordinarily make 2-4 of each scent.I am a scent junkie and so hard for me to pick what I want to make.Always adding or taking away some.Add more than take away.

LynnS

I make a tart of each scent I have, put it in the foil holders with a label with the name underneath. Then customers can pick up and sniff, see the name underneath. Keeps my jars intact and stops people from poking fingers in candles, which I have had several do :rolleyes2 . Great when kids are around as well, they like to smell them and I don't have to worry about breakage.

OK Scented... How do they sniff through your jars?? LOL ;)

I take the lids off and put toppers on mine..

Usually stops people walking by when the get whiff from the candles.

Don't sell jars LMAO!! Actually we don't have containers yet, but I like Di's suggestion a lot.

I have tart samples on all of my fragrances for people to sniff if they're curious about a certain fragrance. I like to keep the lids on my jar candles because like Di said people are horrible about sticking their fingers in them.

I take the lids off of one of every scent. It brings on the customers in droves! :D Nobody else in my area does this and it's a huge selling point to the customers. I do it at outdoor shows as well as indoor shows.

I also light and burn a candle or two through out the show so that people can see that my candles are correctly wicked and how they burn.;) They can also sniff to make sure the scent is strong and throws well when burning at the bottom of the jar.;)

I take the lids off of one of every scent. It brings on the customers in droves! :D Nobody else in my area does this and it's a huge selling point to the customers. I do it at outdoor shows as well as indoor shows.

I also light and burn a candle or two through out the show so that people can see that my candles are correctly wicked and how they burn.;) They can also sniff to make sure the scent is strong and throws well when burning at the bottom of the jar.;)

/

That'a a cool idea :cool2: . What kind of scents do you burn at your booth?

/

That'a a cool idea :cool2: . What kind of scents do you burn at your booth?

It depends on the time of year. I have lots of tester candles that are already well started and that's certainly what you want to show~ a candles that has burned about thirty hours or so and some longer.

This last show I did outside for five days~ I burnt Cranberry Cinnamon & Caramel Cappuccino. I do this to inprint the scent on the summer customers memory for the fall season. In fact I had NO Cranberry/Cinnamon after the first eight hours of the show! Sold out quickly! Other shows I will burn Cherry Bomb or Chocolate Brownie or maybe even Lovespell. It just depends on what I want to push. I was pushing the sales for the next show which is next month so I burn fall scents. I want my customers to be thinking for the future season, not the one they are going through at the moment.

Or I might debute a new scent with the burning as well. I just depends on who I'm trying to reel in and why.