I did a swirl!!!

Don't laugh.

I poured them into mini loaf pans (yes, red silicone does bleed - so I had to trim aggressively. Doesn't matter, these are for me!

The soap is PKO, Avocado Oil, Castor, & Olive + mango butter, shea, and cocoa butter. The FO is SnW's Lavender Basil so I swirled in a mix of red & blue (looked nasty green when I put it in, but morphed nicely back to purple).

I did cut finally, these are the best of the bunch. Please forgive the picture, I'm the world's worst photographer.

Can someone tell me why some of the white parts are more translucent and some are whiter?

post-3683-139458404331_thumb.jpg

I wanna see some cuts and not end pieces ;) Aren't swirls fun?

I want to wait till they harden up a tad. How long do you think I should wait? I don't want to smear my swirl!

I have no idea how I got that exact purple - I squirted in way too much blue and then a lot less red - that's about as precise as I can get! It was impossible to tell what was going to happen cause the stuff was such a different greenish-gray in the raw liquid soap.

I've cut early and never smeared my swirls so I think you should be O.K. there. You got a really nice color going and I'll bet it smells wonderful. BNL also has a great Lavender Basil if you ever are looking for another one.

Heck it's hard for me to hold off cutting lol! Don't ask me, because I'd tell you cutting now is as good a time as any ;)

Although, I've cut off end pieces before and felt that I should wait a little more to cut bars. Can't say I've had to do that recently though. Just cut up what was in my first slab mold and the bottom looked way better than the top and it hasn't sat for 12 hours even.

Cool. Cool. Cool. OK what colorant did you use for the purple? I just used some neon purple and frankly it fooled me. Didn't look purple going in, but there was purple coming out. However, I think if I ever want purple, I want the purple you got.