Can we talk bubbles

Scented

Please!

I'm working with coconut, have the babbassu, castor oil and I can add sugar to lye water and I cannot get anything but those dang creamy bubbles. Sooooooo, I hear that too much bubble stuff and bubble boosting stuff isn't going to get me big ol' bubbles. What in the world will? Is there honestly a trick?

Now I can vary the coconut, but use about 10-15%, babbassu at 5% and castor oil between 5-10% and I'm just getting tired of eh-eh lather (IMO).

You remember that little foil hat I wore in Chicago last year? You have to wear one of those, and stand on one foot the WHOLE TIME you are making the soap.. lol

Ok, now gettin serious. I'd have never of believed it, as it's not supposed to be for bubbles, but grapeseed at 8% in my soap has done wonders for it. It seems to help the bubbles "let loose" fast and with huge bubbles! Give it a shot girl!

Well now I've got that too lol!

So no idea why grapeseed does that?

Hey question for you Bun on grapeseed, I hear it can go bad if not used up and well could it start growing things in soap too? It has like a 3month shelf life if not fridgerbated right?

You remember that little foil hat I wore in Chicago last year? You have to wear one of those, and stand on one foot the WHOLE TIME you are making the soap.. lol

Ok, now gettin serious. I'd have never of believed it, as it's not supposed to be for bubbles, but grapeseed at 8% in my soap has done wonders for it. It seems to help the bubbles "let loose" fast and with huge bubbles! Give it a shot girl!

Now that's interesting. I have never heard of that but will have to try it.

--Scented, have you had someone test your soaps? DUH, I am sure you have but sometimes what you are not happy with, others are thrilled with. KWIM. I have swapped some soaps with others who said they weren't happy with the bubbles but I was as they were very bubbly and vice versa.

Fridgerbated huh? Sounds.. Well.. LOL!

I've heard the same thing, but I've so far not had any dos or things growing in my soaps, in fact, I haven't had any dos since I added it. I've got a 1/2 gallon from about 1 year ago that still smells wonderful, and it's never seen the inside of a fridgerbater. (lol)

Well chit! I use the PKO too. Swear I do lol!

Refridgerate refridgabate (same thing lol)

Tara, yeah I have had some ppl testing. They like things that um well I don't see as bubbly (and make a hard bar at the same time.)

I'm just feeling like I could probably make a bomb here and not know what I was doing. (They call that frustration right?)

Scented, I'll see if I have any soap made with grapeseed oil . If I do, I'll put a bar in your box of the goodies I'm sending for you to try. It can give you a chance to try soap with GSO.

Also, I may have some extra GSO altogether if you are interested and can send you at least enough for a batch.

You know, if you have hard water you may just not get them, no matter what the soap. Just a thought.

Please!

I'm working with coconut, have the babbassu, castor oil and I can add sugar to lye water and I cannot get anything but those dang creamy bubbles. Sooooooo, I hear that too much bubble stuff and bubble boosting stuff isn't going to get me big ol' bubbles. What in the world will? Is there honestly a trick?

Now I can vary the coconut, but use about 10-15%, babbassu at 5% and castor oil between 5-10% and I'm just getting tired of eh-eh lather (IMO).

You know, if you have hard water you may just not get them, no matter what the soap. Just a thought.

ditto that! I have found that all soaps... m&P, my new cp, and other cp I have recieved has behaved differently at my house and other houses I have tried it at... My guess would be the differences in the water... cause it was the same bar tested at three different spots...

I've heard that lavender eo helps with bubbles, also noticed that my clay soaps have more bubbles. I use the coconut milk in just about all my batches and I think it helps too, although that's not the main reason I add it. One thing for sure...a loooooooooooong drying time!

Yes, I did Julia. Don't you shoot me!

Actually I got this bar of soap from Kim and she has major big bubbles and I want that. I just really wanted to up the bubbles in what you got, Julia. Then I went to tweaking and well maybe I should untweak. :undecided

Scented,

Relax...take a deep breath and have a cold beverage. I loved the soaps that you sent me. I got a creamy lather, but there were also lots of nice bubbles. We have hard water with the softner and all the soaps that I have tried have acted differently when it came to bubbles. I noticed if I used them on the day the softner had just run I got a ton of bubbles and then on the day in between I would just get some awesome creamy lather.

Sometimes I think you can tweak to much trying to perfect everything....lol We are our worst critics.;)