Layered Coconut (Who stole my brain? soap)

Brenda

Well, here's couple of pictures of a neopolitan colored coconut soap I made this morning. Yes, you heard right, this morning! It's got a large percentage of cocoa butter so didn't take long to gel at room temperature and then cool off.

coconut_layer.jpg

And for those who happened across my post in Soap Making - Here's what the bars look like that had the close encounter with the spatula when I dropped it during pouring of the pink top layer:

coconut_spatula.jpg

Some of the other bars have little ridges, but nothing deep like these. The brown layer was made with natural scented cocoa butter and the other layers with deoderized cocoa butter. The colored layers have a little cranberry fibers added for interest. Scented with Peaks Coconut milk. Doesn't smell much like coconut yet....:(

Thanks for looking!

Oh, but it was Brach's who made that neopolitan candy. No dairy in that:D. That's how I used to keep my girls under control at the supermarket when they were small; bribe them with getting to choose some Brach's Pick a Mix if they were good:drool:

Gorgeous, Brenda! Those are terrific-looking layers:cheesy2:

Thanks for your comments everyone! :cheesy2:

I looked it up! The candies are: Brach's Sundae's Neopolitan Coconuts.

But I agree that they don't taste as good as they did many years ago when our family used to stop at the local Sears store. We bought them unwrapped from the glass candy case. :drool: They were serious candy then! Or maybe I just remember them that way because they were such a treat for me as a kid.

Oh, but it was Brach's who made that neopolitan candy. No dairy in that:D. Oh and who knows that better than I? in my local supermarket they have it very near the entrance and you drop a quarter in the box and get three candies and those coconut ones always keep me from buying too much junk food! just snack on those while I shop and it keeps the sugar craving away:D