Supplier

I am starting out in this and do not want to buy anything bad. I just read the FO insident(sp?? uhh)

Who are best suppliers as with the quailty and price?

To get wax, fo, and other such things.Thanks for everyones help so far. These boards are a god send for a newbie such as myself. I am so happy I stumbled across this site!!:cool2:

It really all depends, someone may say they use a certin wax and it works great for them, then you try it and you have all kinds of problems. Same goes with FO - Fragrance OIL etc.

It all boils down to, you have to sample small quanity of scents, wicks, wax, containers, color etc. test them and see what works for you.

What may work for someone else my not work for you, But you can get good suggentions from this board of where to buy quality supplies.

Welcome to the world of candlemaking.

The best supplier is a matter of debate..LMAO. Most suppliers are fantastic but everyone has their favorites. I'd say the best supplier is the one that is closest to you for heavy items like glass and wax. Here are some very helpful links to get you started:

Candle and Soap Suppliers by State

Fragrance Finder

Candlemaking FAQ

HTH. Good Luck!!!

http://www.thescentreview.com/Fragrance%20Oil%20Suppliers.htm

This is another list of suppliers that is a good reference. I use over 10 suppliers for everything I make and Candle Man is right that you will need to just order and test different suppliers to see what works for you. Start with suppliers that are close so shipping prices are kept down and go from there. Unfortunately no one can give you exact advice on what will work in your products. Good luck!! :cool2:

i agree with candleman. always try samples first, it will save you tons of money. wished someone had given me that adivce when i first started, i didn't know about this board.

a few of my favorites are

millcreek-mcsoywax.com-great oils, prices about average

the candle source-thecandlesource.com -great prices, great oils

ng-naturesgardencandles.com- great oils

solascandle.com- great oils and they have a sample sale this week, check out the suppliers announcements link

ics-candlesupplys.us- mostly great oils

i do not recommend just scents if you are using 100% soy wax.

Thanks for everyones help. This weekend I should be able to start. I got my first fo's today. I dont have anything to compare them to but they smell amazing!!

My wax should be here by tomorrow. I am hoping. I bought from 3 different people. 2 of them are soy flakes and the other one is a pariffin and soy blend in a block so I thought I would start with that. I found a supplier in my state now too so I am going to order some from them soon too. Hopefully I find the right stuff.I am sure sooner or later I will!!

i do not recommend just scents if you are using 100% soy wax.

Just for the record, right now I use nothing but 100% soy and Just Scent's oils and am very pleased. Just goes to show you that everyone gets different results.

Paula

I'm learning and buying from several suppliers for fo. I know that just like anything, people have different opinions and different experiences with everything. However, I was looking at ebay items, and a seller had a lot of fo on sale. Her description had the comment in it to the effect that her stuff was top quality from top quality suppliers. She ended it with the comment--none of that gemlite crap. Was this just a grudge comment, or is there something wrong with that supplier?

I'm learning and buying from several suppliers for fo. I know that just like anything, people have different opinions and different experiences with everything. However, I was looking at ebay items, and a seller had a lot of fo on sale. Her description had the comment in it to the effect that her stuff was top quality from top quality suppliers. She ended it with the comment--none of that gemlite crap. Was this just a grudge comment, or is there something wrong with that supplier?

Sounds like a grudge and not very professional. Although I haven't used that supplier so I have no idea how their fo's are. Before I bought any fo's I would certainly want to know who the supplier is and not take an ebay sellers word that they were " top quality ".

One thing I did was sign up for the newsletter on many suppliers sites so that I get an e-mail telling me of sales. As others have said, try the 1 or 2 oz samples first. Lately a lot of suppliers have been having the $1.00 per 1 oz sample sale and this is the way to go for an economical way to try a lot of different oils.

That's a good idea, Sheila. I've signed up for one or two. Was lucky that I had and got in on the $1 sale Aroma Haven was having a while back. I was able to try a lot of scents with that sale. Thanks for reminding me that I need to go to other sites and sign up!

• 3 weeks later...

Wellington is best for bath & body, NOT candles, they just aren't strong enough IMHO. I tried them several years ago and was VERY disappointed!! :tongue2: Do a search and you will probably find a few posts about them.

what does everyone think of Wellington Fragrance?

IMO I was not impressed with wellington. First of all they have a minimum order of like $100 to $150 I can't remeber. I also didn't think their scents were very strong. They were the first company I ordered FO from and I never did again after I found other suppliers with better smelling fo's and no minimums. Like I said this is just my experience with them. You might think they have the best fo's on earth. Heather :)

Wellington is best for bath & body, NOT candles, they just aren't strong enough IMHO. I tried them several years ago and was VERY disappointed!! :tongue2: Do a search and you will probably find a few posts about them.

I completely agree! I will never buy from them again for candles.:(