One of my new packages, what do you think?

This is a new package I created last night. I actually had a 5 minute video on how I made the whipped shea butter, but the stupid thing wont upload from my camera to the PC:sad2: I will have to do it again.

I used my antique Sunbeam whipmaster to whit the stuff out of pure unrefined clear shea butter. I actually have a source straight from Ghana for the stuff, so if anyone wants to buy some of it, let me know. The clear shea butter is not clear of course, but it is a cream color, and does not hold too much of the nutty fragrance. I only use the golden shea if someone requests it. As you can see, the clear unrefined comes out whipped white and it is absolutely yummy looking. Its 32 fluffy ounces that will last for a pretty long time. I have an 8 ouncer that I have been using since December that is not even at the halfway mark. I also use it to condition my hair and my daughter's hair.

The soap is of course my Flowerbomb soap, and with the package I am including 1/3 ounce of the perfume as well. The shea butter is also fragranced with Flowerbomb. Please let me know what you think.

10043652wy.jpg

10043666dw.jpg

10043671nz.jpg

10043683xl.jpg

10043692lk.jpg

10043705io.jpg

Here is my description:

Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf- Get ready for a fragrance explosion! Begins with top notes of bergamot, tea, and peony, leading to an explosive flowery midsection of real jasmine absolute, freesia, orchid, orange flower, and a kiss of peach, with a warm, sweet drydown of cedarwood, patchouli, amber, leather, musk, and vanilla.

This package will literally take your skin to new heights! Included are 3 whopping 5 ounce handcut bars of handmade soap made with 60% shea butter, 20% coconut oil and 20% olive oil, all saponified together for a warm rich creamy concoction! The bars are perfumed with Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, and each bar will last for quite awhile. They are created to give your skin a lot of the moisture that it deserves.

Up next in the package is 32 fluffy ounces of whipped shea butter, which contains 100% unrefined shea butter, but it is not the golden nutty kind, we use a special blend that is hard to find, straight from Ghana. We whip your shea butter with 90% shea butter, and 8% sweet almond oil, 2% coconut oil for a whip that if firm to the touch, but sinks right into your skin upon contact. And it smells oh so good, lightly fragranced with Flowerbomb.

You will also receive 1/3 oz roll on of Flowerbomb perfume oil. One swipe and the fragrance will last all day long. Perfect to create the fragrance layering effect of one of this year's hottest fragrances.

The soaps ingredients are 60% shea butter, 20% coconut oil and 20% olive oil? I've never heard of using more than 5-10% in CP soap.

Do you think it may be greasy to use? I would like to try it but I'm unsure of the percentages. It looks beautiful, I love the two toned colors.

Hat's off to you. I'm just learning to make candles and I decided to have a look in this section (first time).

I'm a 49yr old man and have been bathing with just whatever soap all my life. I currently use "Dove" soap from wally world because that's what my wife buys.....lol

However, after reading your description I'm seriously opening my mind to what I've been missing. I don't know jack about handmade soap/body products, but you are making me want to look further into it for certain.

Heck, I might just have to order some of your product for my dear wife and whilst no one is looking I might just have to use it on my little ole self. (probably won't be able to go watch football game with the guys afterwards though..lol.)

It looks great...can't wait to smell and use the soap...just out of curiousity how much are you going to charge for 32 oz. of shea? I sell my 2 oz shea butters for $10, If it were me I would offer smaller jars of shea.

I offer 4 oz, 8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz and 32 oz. The 32 oz I gear more toward boutique, they can sell it by the scoop, etc. But for my 32 oz I usually charge $54.99. I get the shea at a very good price so I try to price it accordingly. All trades and orders are going out tomorrow:)

Everito, it is such a wonderful feeling to make your own products and know what's inside! I love it. I highly suggest branching out from the candles and making something special, I am sure your wife would love a surprise:cheesy2:

I offer 4 oz, 8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz and 32 oz. The 32 oz I gear more toward boutique, they can sell it by the scoop, etc. But for my 32 oz I usually charge $54.99. I get the shea at a very good price so I try to price it accordingly. All trades and orders are going out tomorrow:)

Everito, it is such a wonderful feeling to make your own products and know what's inside! I love it. I highly suggest branching out from the candles and making something special, I am sure your wife would love a surprise:cheesy2:

Ok, now it makes more sense to me, the 32 ozers going to spas etc. Thanks

• 6 months later...

The last picture is very nice. I would remove the container of shea from the other pictures and perhaps put the soap in a marble soap dish or something metal. I think I would try cream, black, bronze/brass or something that would contrast as well as compliment the fountain and the soap. The description is nice. Did I say how much I liked the last one?

:)

I LUVED when you first started posting here -that your backgrounds looked as nature and beautiful as your soaps :)

Edited to say- hope that came out right ^^^^ above? :confused: ?! What I was trying to say is I luved the backgrounds you used- your soaps always look wonderful!!

I think you and Jenn (mountainmadness) do an excellent job with giving your soaps that rustic/nature look :drool:

Heck, I might just have to order some of your product for my dear wife and whilst no one is looking I might just have to use it on my little ole self. (probably won't be able to go watch football game with the guys afterwards though..lol.)

your "little ole self" deserves some pampering :wink2:

Lol, those pictures are so old! Thanks for looking anyway. This is what my packages look like now:

1007871mu0.jpg

That's packaged very neat and understated. I really did like the natural background you chose for the other photo's and they gave me some much needed inspiration as I have been struggling with using an all white background for my products....not sure which way I will go at this point but I'be been looking around for props.:grin2: