are they really exclusives waxes?

Ok, I am looking at alot of suppliers websites getting a headache.

There are so many out there. Can you really find out if you are testing the same wax from different suppilers when they say it is their house blend or exclusive wax?

Does anyone know of different companies selling same wax and just renaming it?

I am looking at the soy and soy blends

I know that there is a thread here somewhere and someone was asking a very similar question like the "Golden Brands" being sold by suppliers and renamed. This was on the all soy. ( sorry I can't find the thread)

I'm pretty sure that the blends are probably different for each supplier because say, supplier A, takes soy B, and blends it with paraffin C, to a ratio of D, plus adds in additives E, to ratio F, then it becomes their exclusive blend. The bad part of using an exclusive blend is in the event the supplier goes out of business and doesn't sell their recipe to another supplier then you are now looking for a new wax to test etc. etc.. Also it's hard to price shop when your wax comes from just one supplier.

All that said ( with this incessant rambling:cheesy2: ) I am currently testing "Greenleafs" 70/30 parasoy blend and I like it a lot!!

Yes I saw something about the golden brands too and cannot find it again. I am using IGI 4786 and will not use anything else there, but looking into soy and soy blends. That is will confusing. I don't want to buy a brand that is made up by a local supplier, because just like you said if they close you have to find another.

Does anyone know where that golden brand posts are?

The bad part of using an exclusive blend is in the event the supplier goes out of business and doesn't sell their recipe to another supplier then you are now looking for a new wax to test etc. etc.. Also it's hard to price shop when your wax comes from just one supplier.

That's why I use a 100% soy and make my own blend, also I like to know what is in my wax. That way, hopefully, the waxes & additives I use will always be available to make my on blend.

Here are just two threads on pure soys being the same.....

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15253

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23200&highlight=ez+soy+415

I've never tested GreenLeaf's 70/30 but I have seen were Just By Nature carries an exclusive 70/30 blend, as well. ( www.justbynature.com/wax.html ) They sale it in 62 lbs, too. It has made me wonder if they are the same just private labeled.

What do you put in your own blend? I know each formula is a secret, but what goes into soys to make them different? I am used to making my own parrifin blends, but have no idea what to put in soy to make a blend.

Ok, I am looking at alot of suppliers websites getting a headache.

There are so many out there. Can you really find out if you are testing the same wax from different suppilers when they say it is their house blend or exclusive wax?

Does anyone know of different companies selling same wax and just renaming it?

I am looking at the soy and soy blends

Straight soy is just that. It is plain 415. There are companies out there that mix it with a small percentage of the Universal Soy Additive and brand it with their own company name. But most soy in the price range of 32.00-48.00 per 50 lb box is straight soy (415). Check the markings on the outside of the box. It might be stamped xxx company, but somewhere on that box it says 415. So the answer to your question is yes, there are companies out there putting their name on straight soy. It's plain 415 no matter what they tell you. Unless otherwise specifically stated on the website. This is soy in it's most natural state, and it is unstable. Unstable meaning it will have many variables in consistency and performance. Some people consider plain 415 a raw material. This is the soy for the purist.

There are a few suppliers out in the marketplace that have their own formulation for primarily soy. It is a mix of soy and 2-10% natural additives. (Beeswax, USA, Palm- etc) A supplier can make this an exculsive formulation if they choose to do so. It is basically a stabilized form of soy. It will still have variables, but the consistency is usually uniform and the end result can be less tricky than plain 415.

Soy blends are a totally different animal. A supplier can formulate a soy blend that is exculsive to them and brand it with their name. The addition of paraffin and other additives make this type of wax the most stable in parasoy wax applications. Paraffin doesn't have the natural variables of soy, but formulated together with the presence of additives it can be the most trouble free of the three types.

There are "standard" mixes out there that wax manufacturers will offer suppliers such as 70/30 and 50/50. They can have it branded exclusively for them as well. Meaning they will be selling the same exact wax as another supplier. But many suppliers out there are or were experienced chandlers. So they will take a sample of one of the blends and tweak it to their own satisfaction with the help of the manufacturer. This can take months or even years to do. That is an example of a true exculsive blend. A wax manufacturer will work with a supplier and help them formulate an exculsive blend. It takes much more time for this, but the end result is usually much more superior than the standardized formulations.

So in essence, a supplier can brand something *standard* their own. Or, choose to have a wax formulated just for them. A consumer can have a wax manufacturer formulate a wax for them as well. Mind you, this would be costly and the minimum order would be astronomical.