GB 464 versus Ecosoya Advanced CB

I have been testing the Ecosoya Advanced hoping to switch from the wax that I have been using for the past couple of years (switching due to hard to find). I like the Ecosoya but was wondering about trying this GB 464 wax. I have order 10 pounds to test and was wondering what everyone thought about it versus the Ecosoya Advanced CB. The shipping on the GB 464 is way cheaper for me due to closer suppliers. :D I am hoping this will be an answer to my "freight poor" wallet. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Beverly S. :wink2:

I think you should try it and see how it works for you and if you like it.

I have been an Advanced user for over a year. I have also tested the 464.......

--the 464 has a fantastic throw, you can wick down with it, but it still frosts. I will use it for my un-colored candles.

--the Adv has never frosted,but has given me wetspots, and I don't really have too much problem w/throw....you just have to use good FO's. Not every FO works w/every wax.

HTH

I am a newbie & I have never tried the Ecosoya but I do use the 464 and I almost never get any frosting if I pour at the right temp and since I started using the EVO liquid dyes. Just my $.02.

Good luck!!!

Lili

I am a newbie & I have never tried the Ecosoya but I do use the 464 and I almost never get any frosting if I pour at the right temp and since I started using the EVO liquid dyes. Just my $.02.

Good luck!!!

Lili

TY Lili....that just might be the trick!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. :grin2: I do appreciate them. What are EVO dyes? I don't recognize the abrev. ;) Also, where can I get the specs on the 464, so when I test, I'll have some idea when to add color, fragrance, etc. I will let you know how it works out. I do hope that the 464 works for me mainly because of shipping. It is about $5 to $6 cheaper a case than the Ecosoya. (Suppliers are closer to me.)

I am hoping that we get our new shop built soon so that I'll have my new candle room. If you didn't already know, we had a Tornado hit our home & outdoor shops back in April. Major damage. :( But the house is almost thru being repaired. ($34,000 later). Lost both outdoor shops. Oh well, we lived thru it and all is well! :D It has been a pain not getting to tinker with my candles, but now that the house is finished being repaired inside; I can play! :drool:

Thanks again!

Beverly S

I get my EVO liquid dyes off an eBay seller called "Bayou Candle Company". They provide the dropper bottles and everything for a good price. I also bought them somewhere else but I can't remember off hand (if you do a search of the threads...you'll proabably find the other supplier). Regarding the GW 464...there is also a great "testing" thread if you do a search. I think most people are adding scent at about 170 and pouring at about 150 or slightly higher (that's what I do, anyway!). HTH!

Lili

I get my EVO liquid dyes off an eBay seller called "Bayou Candle Company". They provide the dropper bottles and everything for a good price. I also bought them somewhere else but I can't remember off hand (if you do a search of the threads...you'll proabably find the other supplier). Regarding the GW 464...there is also a great "testing" thread if you do a search. I think most people are adding scent at about 170 and pouring at about 150 or slightly higher (that's what I do, anyway!). HTH!

Lili

be aware that bayou is not carrying the EVO's anymore--he switched to a different brand. haven't tried the new ones, but I went to buy some EVO from him the other day (I agree--prices were great and those dyes work excellent in soy) and after seeing that the name EVO was gone I asked...I think he might have some colors still avail in EVO, but not all. email first before buying. I know there are other places that carry it under their name--run a search on here for EVO DYE and you should come up with a supplier--I asked this question myself a few months ago, but I don't rememeber off the top of my head

be aware that bayou is not carrying the EVO's anymore--he switched to a different brand. ]

Wow...thanks for the "heads-up". I wish more companies carried the Evo's...don't know why more don't?:undecided

Lili

I just got an email from him.

HI

The only evo dyes I have now are the red, burgandy, and christmas green. The others are sld dyes, they are strong dyes but are not the thick evo.

Thanks

Cory

So, I don't know about any others. I saw some FD&C dye. Do any of you know anything about this kind?

See ya

Beverly S

Northstar carries ECO. I don't know if they are the same. I have both types of purple and the EVO seems different. I also have both types of brown and the ECO seems to frost more.

Green leaf is $4.95 for an oz of EVO and Candlewic is only $3.79 an oz. And Northstar is $3.5 for only a half oz.

Candlewic doesn't give you droppers though. I don't know if GL does.

HTH

FD&C dyes are approved by the FDA and stand for Food, Drug and Cosmetics.

As of now there are only seven dyes that have been approved by the F.D.A. for safe use in food, drugs and cosmetics. These are known as the FD&C dyes. These dyes are yellows #5 and #6, reds #3 and #40, blues #1 and #2, and green #3. The most popular of these dyes is Red #40. The second most popular is Yellow #5.

Thanks for the replies. I notice the FD& C dyes on one website for candlemaking supplies (Candlemakers store, i believe). Creekside, thanks for clarifying what they are. ;) I didn't notice that they were for bath & body only. duh on my part! lol

Beverly S

I have gotten both the ECO dyes from Northstar and the EVO dyes from Greenleaf. I haven't noticed a difference with the actual dyes. They are cheaper at Greenleaf, and the last I checked they carried a couple more shades that Northstar didn't carry. I just LOVE these dyes, too!

I like Northstar though, as they carry my favorite FO ever... Green Forest. :D