Heart Embed

I'm having a heck of a time getting " RED" in my soaps... It's either purplish or pink.. I can't get RED.. Can you use micas in MP??? Or anyone recommend a good RED soap dye???

Christina

I did a heart embed soap just like this one, except the clear was in a round mold. I colored my heart embed red with Wilkins paste color. That's right, Wilkins, the company that makes cake decorating stuff. This is the same coloring used for cake icings and works great in soap. I just used a little bit of the paste on a toothpick and while it isn't a bright fire engine red, it is a true red with no pinky undertones.

I would post a pic of the soap, but it's been used quite a few times and is no long 'picture quality'. :laugh2:

I did a heart embed soap just like this one, except the clear was in a round mold. I colored my heart embed red with Wilkins paste color. That's right, Wilkins, the company that makes cake decorating stuff. This is the same coloring used for cake icings and works great in soap. I just used a little bit of the paste on a toothpick and while it isn't a bright fire engine red, it is a true red with no pinky undertones.

I would post a pic of the soap, but it's been used quite a few times and is no long 'picture quality'. :laugh2:

For anyone that is interested, I think she may be talking about Wilton cake decorating stuff, and Michaels carries it.

I can't help you with red color, but I applaud you for doing embeds in soap. I never did soap in soap..(I'm not that creative...lol) I've only done the fish in a bag, and had a heck of a time getting thet little fishy to stay in one place!!

Looks good to me.

Steph