Heart Container From Wal Mart

I triple wicked this container with 3 cd 16's and it didn't make all the way to the edges. Should I try a bigger wick or does placing the wicks closer together help the melt pool? This is the 2nd burn after 5 hours each.

hearttestburn7vc.jpg

I bought one of those too and yours came out better than mine. I don't remember off hand which wicks I used but they were definitely too weak for the job. I have alot of wax along the sides. I think you can move your wicks to within 1" of the outside of the container so maybe move them out a little more. I am interested in hearing what others suggest too. Ginger

lady sj, I haven't tried this heart container, but after 10 hours burn time you know this isn't working, so I'd melt the remaining wax out for a repour and not waste any more testing time with these wicks. I would go with larger wicks (sorry I'm unable to suggest exactly which ones since I have no experience with this container & don't know what wax you're using) and I would think that putting the wicks closer together would make the wax hangup problem worse instead of better. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Ladysj, I have used that same container. One thing I recommend is not filling it to the top. Leave app. 1/2 inch from the top, and it will burn better (for some reason). I have actually gotten a complete melt pool with just two wicks when I leave some space at the top. I have done ALOT of testing with this container, so feel free to PM me with any questions! HTH, Linaya

I made gel candles with strawberry embeds with these. I used 3 wicks but don't remember what kind. There was no problem with the burn. I would put a pic in the gallery, but I don't know how.