my site

bella soy

Again, just my two cents, but yes, the feeling I get from your site and logo is that your candles are 100% soy.

I agree. I think your site looks wonderful, but I too was under the impression that your candles were 100% soy.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok you know what, im done with this conversation. I want to thank all of you that gave me great feedback good or bad. I know that there are alot of mistakes that need fixed. and i should have known not to post it until it was completed, but i thought that maybe i could get some constructive advice from the folks that dont like to stir up trouble and you know who you are. Im so sick and tired of being judged and bashed on this site. If you look at my history here i have gotten into some argumets with other people simply because i was new. if you dont like my site or what its contents are then dont visit it.

im just so discusted with the way people intentionally start debating, yeah i said intentionally. its a shame because ive meet some really great people and you all have helped me out so much. but im not in high school anymore nor do i have the time to argue with people. I shouldnt feel like i have to "prove" myself time after time or present facts to backup my information. what are you the candle police? are you going to shut down my site because you dont like the way its worded Scented?

i dont like to get mean and nasty its not in my nature but i cant stand people that reply with the type of short snooty attitude like you did. and im not keeping my mouth shut about anymore. knowone else does why should I?

I am a very young person this is my first business attemp. Im not perfect and neither are you. If you didnt make paraffin candles i guarentee you wouldnt be making a big deal about this the way you are.

give me a freaking break let me live and learn. dont come on me like a ton of bricks like im suppose to know everything about business like i went to school for it or something. if you would have suggested somethings instead of saying "prove it" then maybe we wouldnt be arguing like this.

and thats all i have to say

Please take this for what it is worth...because I am not bitching about the facts, just giving my opinion. You asked for input, right?

When I saw your site, I felt as though you were totally trying to convey the fact that your candles are 100% soy. The things that led me to believe such:

I never saw the word blend used (soy wax blend, blended soy, etc.)

you use the words "pure" (even though technically most soy candles are not pure)

From your page:

So I assume since you have some less than positive statements about paraffin, that your candles would not contain any. Of course, I guess it would not be great marketing to say, "I use a blend so my candles only give off 30% the normal carcinogens." ;) (edited to say that I don't believe the whole carcinogen thing)

Bottom line, if you stand by the fact that you truly believe that paraffin releases carcinogens, then why not use a wax that does not contain any? If you are truly pleased with your 70/30 product and are proud of it (as you should be, your stuff is beautiful), then maybe don't lead people to believe that your product is 100% "pure" soy.

Again, just my two cents, but yes, the feeling I get from your site and logo is that your candles are 100% soy.

i completely agree with you. and thanks for putting it such a mature fashion.

I planed on adding the ingrients (SP?) in the container page which is not even close to being done. there isnt even any words on that page. I will add a little blurp about the candles being a "blend"

so you think that if my candles are a blend then i shouldnt have a soy facts page? or maybe just cut out the top part where it talks about paraffin?

and second IM NOT BASHING PARAFFIN! GET IT RIGHT! it clearly states that

Okay, I am really trying to play devil's advocate here and kind of show you how even though you state on your site you are not bashing paraffin, it may still come across as such.

Mary: Hi Sue, I have not seen you in a while.

Sue: Hey there Mary! It is good to see you.

Mary: Yeah, you too. Even though, wow, you look like crap! Have you gained weight? Are you sleeping enough? Maybe you should color your hair.

Sue: (just stands there in utter disbelief with her jaw on the ground)

Mary: Oh, gosh, but I am not bashing you...just stating my opinion.

Just trying to lighten it up a bit but still show you that no matter how you say how much you are not doing something after you do it, you are still doing it. (did that make any sense?) Of course a paraffin candle is not going to go home and eat 5 lbs of chocolate, drown her sorrows in coke floats and chick flicks, and make a voodoo doll out of Sue like Mary will. :laugh2:

lol...that was cute. :laugh2:

i understand where you are coming from . unfortunately i am at work now so i cannot revise the site but believe me i have about a 5 page list of corrections already.

i am going to completely delete the paraffin facts, add a remove the words from the pics on the front page, and add a quote at the very top of the home page that says " creamy hand poured Soy Blend candles"

hows that?

see how far you get with me when you act like an adult?...lol

things just dont sink in when your being attacked.

thanks for your help

ok you know what, im done with this conversation. I want to thank all of you that gave me great feedback good or bad. I know that there are alot of mistakes that need fixed. and i should have known not to post it until it was completed, but i thought that maybe i could get some constructive advice from the folks that dont like to stir up trouble and you know who you are. Im so sick and tired of being judged and bashed on this site. If you look at my history here i have gotten into some argumets with other people simply because i was new. if you dont like my site or what its contents are then dont visit it.

im just so discusted with the way people intentionally start debating, yeah i said intentionally. its a shame because ive meet some really great people and you all have helped me out so much. but im not in high school anymore nor do i have the time to argue with people. I shouldnt feel like i have to "prove" myself time after time or present facts to backup my information. what are you the candle police? are you going to shut down my site because you dont like the way its worded Scented?

i dont like to get mean and nasty its not in my nature but i cant stand people that reply with the type of short snooty attitude like you did. and im not keeping my mouth shut about anymore. knowone else does why should I?

I am a very young person this is my first business attemp. Im not perfect and neither are you. If you didnt make paraffin candles i guarentee you wouldnt be making a big deal about this the way you are.

give me a freaking break let me live and learn. dont come on me like a ton of bricks like im suppose to know everything about business like i went to school for it or something. if you would have suggested somethings instead of saying "prove it" then maybe we wouldnt be arguing like this.

and thats all i have to say

Whatever :rolleyes2

I won't even step into the soy/paraffin discussion. Here are just a couple of minor corrections I found:

On the "Damaged Packaging" page, the sentence should read, " ... carefully package our products with the utmost care."

On the "About Me" page, in the second paragraph, I'd add another comma after the words, "just like many others" . In the third paragraph, I'd put a comma between the words "long" and "time consuming."

On the "Home" page, "exfoliating" is one word.

I like the look of the website so far. I have told you before, but I REALLY like your logo. It's very professional looking, simple and clean.

You're getting there. Just take your time and it will be great. Are you designing this site yourself? I like the layout. Nice!!

i am going to completely delete the paraffin facts, add a remove the words from the pics on the front page, and add a quote at the very top of the home page that says " creamy hand poured Soy Blend candles"

hows that?

I think that sounds good. Then you don't have to worry about anyone being confused.:)

I won't even step into the soy/paraffin discussion. Here are just a couple of minor corrections I found:

On the "Damaged Packaging" page, the sentence should read, " ... carefully package our products with the utmost care."

On the "About Me" page, in the second paragraph, I'd add another comma after the words, "just like many others" . In the third paragraph, I'd put a comma between the words "long" and "time consuming."

On the "Home" page, "exfoliating" is one word.

I like the look of the website so far. I have told you before, but I REALLY like your logo. It's very professional looking, simple and clean.

You're getting there. Just take your time and it will be great. Are you designing this site yourself? I like the layout. Nice!!

i wrote down your errors that you caught, thanks so much, never was good with grammer...lol

Yes i am doing it all myself. its hard but lots of fun. ive always been into design, i love it.

I would cut out the part about paraffin because you have paraffin in your candles, that would kind of be like you dissing your own candles:sad2: so you dont want to do that. But calm down were just trying to help you get everything right, because if you have the negative facts on your products and someone asks you what your blend is you cant lie and that would be awkward. I Love your site your doing amazing:highfive: If anyhting about the benefits of soy, they do burn longer and there is ALOT less soot with even a blend and none if you dip your wicks. Im am a 100% soy maker and I do use those facts in with my products, but thats because I truly beleive that soy is better for your health and I wouldnt sell my customer something I wouldnt burn. if you really like the benefits of soy then maybe you should do 100% soy.

To all paraffin candlemakers, I luv yah, this stuff is jmo;)

I would cut out the part about paraffin because you have paraffin in your candles, that would kind of be like you dissing your own candles:sad2: so you dont want to do that. But calm down were just trying to help you get everything right, because if you have the negative facts on your products and someone asks you what your blend is you cant lie and that would be awkward. I Love your site your doing amazing:highfive: If anyhting about the benefits of soy, they do burn longer and there is ALOT less soot with even a blend and none if you dip your wicks. Im am a 100% soy maker and I do use those facts in with my products, but thats because I truly beleive that soy is better for your health and I wouldnt sell my customer something I wouldnt burn. if you really like the benefits of soy then maybe you should do 100% soy.

To all paraffin candlemakers, I luv yah, this stuff is jmo;)

Just because you use 100% soy and happen to believe the "facts" does NOT make them true! Scented asked for proof that paraffin releases carcinogens, and I respectfully ask for the same. I would also ask for proof that soy candles burn longer and have less soot. I have done my own side by side testing and research for months, and have yet to find proof to back these nonsensical "facts"! I AM however, finding more and more information that leads me to believe that soy is far more dangerous than paraffin! I have the written statement of one physician in my state who believes that soy is a cancer causing agent, and who wouldn't have a soy candle in his house let alone burn one within a mile radius of where he stands. But do I use this on my website as a way to get people to buy my candles? Heck NO!! Absolutely not! I don't have proof, and I don't need that kind of marketing ploy to get folks to buy my candles! Facts!! Get the REAL facts, not the marketing froo froo! And be ready to prove your "facts" too! If you can't back it up with proof, time to get back to research kids!!

I have the written statement of one physician in my state who believes that soy is a cancer causing agent, and who wouldn't have a soy candle in his house let alone burn one within a mile radius of where he stands.

Why does he believe soy is Cancer causing?:confused:

Why does he believe soy is Cancer causing?:confused:

Years of research! ;) LOL. Have a look around the internet, he's not the only one who believes that! But AGAIN.. believing something doesn't make it true. Just presenting another "side" of the multi fasceted jewel!

Just because you use 100% soy and happen to believe the "facts" does NOT make them true! Scented asked for proof that paraffin releases carcinogens, and I respectfully ask for the same. I would also ask for proof that soy candles burn longer and have less soot. I have done my own side by side testing and research for months, and have yet to find proof to back these nonsensical "facts"! I AM however, finding more and more information that leads me to believe that soy is far more dangerous than paraffin! I have the written statement of one physician in my state who believes that soy is a cancer causing agent, and who wouldn't have a soy candle in his house let alone burn one within a mile radius of where he stands. But do I use this on my website as a way to get people to buy my candles? Heck NO!! Absolutely not! I don't have proof, and I don't need that kind of marketing ploy to get folks to buy my candles! Facts!! Get the REAL facts, not the marketing froo froo! And be ready to prove your "facts" too! If you can't back it up with proof, time to get back to research kids!!

Thats news to me. I guess all the Vegetarians, the people that use Aveeno, the farmers that grow the damn crop, etc. etc. etc. are all in danger of cancer.???

I dont know what "proof " you all want me to present to you to make you happy. I did my research and I went to Gov't sites and read studies conducted by professors or reputable sources etc. What else do you want? You want me to go out and pay a scientist 1 million to conduct an experiment just so I have "proof" thats bull! When you read a magazine and its says "studies show blah blah blah that this percent of people do this, or this percent of whatever" you believe it dont you? Why? because you read that who conducted the study/experiment and believe that It came from a reputable source so why wouldnt be true? It the same thing with looking up benefts of Soy.

For those of you that HELPED me and gave me suggestions, I really appreciate it. For those of you that do nothing but BASH my posts and dont answer my questions w/o a smart a** attitude, dont ever respond to my posts again because i dont need that crap from a board thats "suppose to be nice"

I found a mis spell on the containers page. It says "thats what 'will' give you" when it should be "we'll" give you. Thats all I found that hasnt been pointed out already...your site looks great!

Thanks ! Ill put it on my list...lol :cheesy2:

Come on...You placed your website on a public forum...you you expect everyone to rub your head? Come back to earth.

I stated I like the feel of your site....myself, I dont get into that soy stuff. I use a blend of both now. So I have both of both worlds. But if you are bashing anything, etc. You have got be able to back it up.

I don't think no one is coming down on you to hurt you....simply trying to help you. As misinformed customers are big trouble for the rest of the world.

Maybe take two steps back and see how you can re-evaluate your wording on the soy facts, etc.

Take a breath....smile geez

I just want you to prove to me that paraffin releases carcinogens. If you're gonna use it on your site then back it up.

if this statement didnt ooozzz smarta**, rude, chidish etc. then this whole argument would have never started. Ive seen this type of behavior on many threads mostly twards nwebies and im sick of keeping my mouth shut about it. its not right. If anything in this world gets me fired up its the rudness and disrespectfulness of the general public. I should know because I work for a cell phone company and trust me i get rude people everyday that threaten to throw phones or whatever, so i dont want to come home from listening to that crap and get on this site and read smart comments all over again.

if this statement didnt ooozzz smarta**, rude, chidish etc. then this whole argument would have never started. Ive seen this type of behavior on many threads mostly twards nwebies and im sick of keeping my mouth shut about it. its not right. If anything in this world gets me fired up its the rudness and disrespectfulness of the general public. I should know because I work for a cell phone company and trust me i get rude people everyday that threaten to throw phones or whatever, so i dont want to come home from listening to that crap and get on this site and read smart comments all over again.

One that note...maybe you should not visit a public forum. And no I am not being a smart arse. Me personally would not have taken those comments as rude :undecided . I would have embrased them as I rather someone that is in the same field point out the negative before a customer does. Hey..Scented hated/disliked my logo...guess what, I liked it and knew there could be room for improvement and very much so appreciated her comments. Within a few days, I had an even better logo. But would not have done so if everyone on this site...just oohed and ahhhed at it. Food for thought

Scented's statement wasn't childish, rude OR smartass. It was asking you to back up your bashing of paraffin with some kind of proof. YOUR reaction has been childish, rude and ridiculous!

To answer another question of yours.. NO, I don't believe things simply because I read them and "think" they might come from a reputable source. I might have done that when I was 12, but I am an adult now, and recognize marketing strategies for what they are. Near as I can tell, the only bashing in this thread has come from you. But I suppose that doesn't count?

point taken. i just felt like she was trying to start a battle that we all no can never be won. lets face it no matter what "facts" or "proof" i showed her we still would have argued. its a lost cause. Soy and paraffin users will never agee on certain publications out there or tests that have been conducted about the two waxes. i enjoy constructive critisism and i knew putting that site on this site was going to cause some sort or a ruckus because thats what this forum has turned into. all is well though i will continue to edit my site to my liking and i wont be posting that much anymore. :wink2:

point taken. i just felt like she was trying to start a battle that we all no can never be won. lets face it no matter what "facts" or "proof" i showed her we still would have argued. its a lost cause. Soy and paraffin users will never agee on certain publications out there or tests that have been conducted about the two waxes. i enjoy constructive critisism and i knew putting that site on this site was going to cause some sort or a ruckus because thats what this forum has turned into. all is well though i will continue to edit my site to my liking and i wont be posting that much anymore. :wink2:
Ive seen this type of behavior on many threads mostly twards nwebies and im sick of keeping my mouth shut about it. its not right. If anything in this world gets me fired up its the rudness and disrespectfulness of the general public. I should know because I work for a cell phone company and trust me i get rude people everyday that threaten to throw phones or whatever, so i dont want to come home from listening to that crap and get on this site and read smart comments all over again.

I'm lost now :undecided