my site

bella soy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads bella:D :D :D I so happy for you. You are coming a long way fast. I wish I were as fast as you, im approaching the 2 year mark and Ive got a way to go before I get a website, but then Im very broke cause I buy too much fo:yes: but then again you can never have enough fo-right-:undecided

I love your site...love the top pic with the candles on the shelf...very pottery barnish...I to think you should be able to see a bigger pic when you click on containers, other than that I don't like critiquing (sp) sites for grammar etc, but I do love looking at the products and pics, can't wait to see your other products once listed...Congrats and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few places where you have misspelled "their" as "there". I found two.. on the Votive page, and on the bottom of the spa page. So far those are the only two misspellings I could see, I'll keep looking :D

I LOVE the direction you're going with this site. The pictures you do have are simply beautiful! Very Very good job so far!

I think it looks very nice. The only thing that might get you in trouble: Soy candles do not produce black soot on jars, furniture, walls etc..

You might want to add "if burned properly". If they don't burn them properly they can produce soot.

*getdown* thank goodness you guys. I was very scared to show everyone. I definatly need to get better pics that for sure. I havent even started working on the container page yet. I have to go thru and do some more proof reading as well. Any mistakes you see your more and welcome to PM. I agree i do need to change the "produces no soot"

thanks for all your help guys :D

I love the feel of the page. And your pictures, while they may need to be taken over or enlarged, look AMAZING! The lighting is just perfect! Did you take them?

The only other things I see on a brief look:

The pics on the front page under the shelf pic, I would retake it without the date stamp on it.

Just my opinion, but I would take the text off of the photos. The same info can be found in the text on the page and it just distracts from the pictures.

On the spa page, I see the quote up at the top right kind of choppy and the lines need to be brought up so that more words fit on one line. Please know that I am overly anal and stuff like that just grabs my eye. Most would not even think twice about it. ;)

I love the feel of the page. And your pictures, while they may need to be taken over or enlarged, look AMAZING! The lighting is just perfect! Did you take them?

The only other things I see on a brief look:

The pics on the front page under the shelf pic, I would retake it without the date stamp on it.

Just my opinion, but I would take the text off of the photos. The same info can be found in the text on the page and it just distracts from the pictures.

On the spa page, I see the quote up at the top right kind of choppy and the lines need to be brought up so that more words fit on one line. Please know that I am overly anal and stuff like that just grabs my eye. Most would not even think twice about it. ;)

lol. I am an extreme perfectionist as well. Trust me I have about 5 pages of corrections to go thur. And its all little things like the home link needs to be moved to the left a smidgit..lol.

yes i took the pics myself. But i am working on figuring out how to get he date stamp off...i hate cameras!

i will be getting more pics and replacing those probably when i get some better props.

thanks for all the advice and proof reading!

Guest EMercier

I think it's really nice. I didn't look at the spellings or anything, but I love the clean look of everything.

I just want you to prove to me that paraffin releases carcinogens. If you're gonna use it on your site then back it up.

i did my research trust me. but if you must know here is one site that i used for references

http://www.healthycandles.org/candle_wax.php

about half way down they talk about paraffin.

remember im not a paraffin basher just stating the facts

I don't think you have researched it enough. IMO you state you aren't a paraffin basher, but your link on your site does just that. Perhaps you are caught up in the marketability of soy (as I'm not a soy basher either, but I'm tired of the downplay to paraffin). Soy soots. Your site suggests it doesn't. Soy doesn't produce carcinogens, but paraffin does. Why aren't 1,000s of people diagnoised with cancer caused by paraffin for burning a candle. There aren't, because it doesn't. The same promotion of your benefits of soy can be found on several other soy sites. So why not put it into your own words. Or simply carry one and the myth will continue to flower.

http://www.candles.org/elements_wax.html

Onto next point, if you're using paraffin in your candles then why are you bashing it on your site ... I mean stating the facts are you put it ... or have you changed your wax since this post?

bella soy user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_237515", true);

Enigma

ratingstar.gif Trader Rating: 2/100% </B>

icon1.gif

I started out using EZ Soy and I hated it. Frosting, fo seepage, cottage cheese, the whole nine.

I got a sample of the 70/30 blend and i fell in love with it. Even though its 30 % paraffin I sometimes will mix 20% EZ Soy into it to make the ratio more soy. I live on the east coast and green leaf is expensive. Brenda is working on getting a warehouse here on the east coast to ship this wax to us cheaper. To me its not the cost but the quality. you get what you pay for and your porduct will reflect that.

Some people love the EZ Soy and have great success with it. but for me it just wasnt working.

I would keep testing it for a little bit longer and see if you can get it to work. sometimes it just takes a little frustration and venting to get it right:D

my site does not suggest that my candles are 100% soy. I will reword the soot statement because I agree with you on that one. I need to word it better. I knew that someone on this site was going to give me hell for my soy facts page. I was just waiting for it to happen. there are only so many ways you an word something. there are thousands of sites out there that talk about the benefits of soy i cant possibly be 100% original.

How else do you suppose I word " soy candles are water soluble making them easy to clean " ???

I can only be so creative my god. Im not a thesarus (sp?)

Im sure however you phrase it someone else already wrote it. thats the internet for ya.

and second IM NOT BASHING PARAFFIN! GET IT RIGHT! it clearly states that for all you people out there who just love to b*tch about people that point out the FACTS!

Of course you knew it was coming, because most of those facts are preposterous. Considering you CHOOSE to put them on your site and show your site before rewording indicates to me ... maybe no one else ... that you're into hyping up soy and promoting the falsehoods. JMO.

So if your site doesn't say you sell 100% soy ... where's the mention of what else it includes? See to me that's offensive to any industry to know promote what the product is ... not conveniently leave it out. So if it's paraffin, why have your link at all? Is that a little hypocritical?

Oh and this would be the only exerpt from your site that explains what your product is ...

Bella Beans is the proud creator of hand poured Soy

candles. Here you will find only the best quality candles and

handmade soaps...

Please take this for what it is worth...because I am not bitching about the facts, just giving my opinion. You asked for input, right?

When I saw your site, I felt as though you were totally trying to convey the fact that your candles are 100% soy. The things that led me to believe such:

I never saw the word blend used (soy wax blend, blended soy, etc.)

you use the words "pure" (even though technically most soy candles are not pure)

From your page:

The Majority of candles are made of paraffin wax which is a petroleum based product made of refined gasoline. Carcinogens are released into the air when burning these types of candles which is the same as second hand smoke. Burning paraffin is similar to burning gas from your car. This is a major health concern as well as an environmental concern.

Soy candles reduce our dependency from crude oil

So I assume since you have some less than positive statements about paraffin, that your candles would not contain any. Of course, I guess it would not be great marketing to say, "I use a blend so my candles only give off 30% the normal carcinogens." ;) (edited to say that I don't believe the whole carcinogen thing)

Bottom line, if you stand by the fact that you truly believe that paraffin releases carcinogens, then why not use a wax that does not contain any? If you are truly pleased with your 70/30 product and are proud of it (as you should be, your stuff is beautiful), then maybe don't lead people to believe that your product is 100% "pure" soy.

Again, just my two cents, but yes, the feeling I get from your site and logo is that your candles are 100% soy.