Girlie Soap II **help/ideas please ; )

maryann

I sold my last girlie soap a few weeks ago so I've been ISO a new embed. I think this one is so cute. I need to add something else to her but can't figure out what. Any ideas?? I was thinking a bath bead "beach ball" but mermaids don't (or can't) play ball so that's out -LOL

I would luv some ideas. TIA ;)

[ATTACH]6875[/ATTACH]

post-119-139458402969_thumb.jpg

if you could find some cute little fish or crabs??? I can't think of mermaids without thinking of Ariel...and flounder and sebastian....

or maybe a cutesy little flower and some sparkles in the M&P....or maybe just throw in some M&P curls around her in some really fun colors

hmmm...let me see what you come up with...'cause the kids will be needing some new goodies soon! the last package was so wonderful....we will definitely be return customers!

Now since when do mermaids not play with balls lol!

How about a little mirror or brush or starfish or a clamshell (maybe with something that looks like a pearl in the middle of it. Fish sounds really good too.

She actually came with most of the stuff you mentioned, but like Kerri said earlier about the choking... I threw all the little accessories away :lipsrseal

THANK YOU ALL for the wonderful ideas!! I like the fish and the shell idea.... so I'm going to run with that. Do ya think I can successfully make tiny sea shell bubble bath bombs?? I originally was going to have her holding one, put one in the water, and then some extras in a "net" ?!?!

I don't know, we'll see..... to be continued ..........

AND of course I want it to be appealing so you'll want to buy one Crystal ;) !!

She actually came with most of the stuff you mentioned, but like Kerri said earlier about the choking... I threw all the little accessories away :lipsrseal

I like the fish and the shell idea.... so I'm going to run with that. Do ya think I can successfully make tiny sea shell bubble bath bombs?? I was originally thinking that with one in the water and her holding one when some in a "net" ?!?!

I don't know, we'll see..... to be continued ..........

AND of course I want it to be appealing so you'll want to buy one Crystal ;) !!

michaels has the little sea shell candy molds you could use . just pack them down real tight

Thanks Christy that's exactly the size I want (the candy mold size). That's why I was doubting the feasiblity of the size. It'll take a TON to make a bubble bath-LOL Maybe I can make a regular bomb using this mold and have it tint the water, like bath tints!

Thanks again for all the wonderful ideas! Now I have to hope my Michael's that's 17 miles away has them!

what about maybe some pieces of plants like what you'd find in the aquarium aisle at Walmart? Seaweed type stuff.

question for ya though ... I noticed your 'base' is clear ~ do you have problems ever with them sweating? I have the worst time working with clear base (with dye added or not, doesn't matter). I know white/opaque soap is supposedly the same stuff only with TD added for white color, but I swear it acts totally different! Just wondering if I've missed a great additive to make the clear easier to work with.

oh, and another thought ... if you don't want to add any "thing" to that mermaid bar, what about coloring the base part blue and using some white (whipped) on top like ocean "white caps" ~ can see it in my mind, but hard to put in words LOL

The plant idea is good too, I'll have to remember that one. Its hard to tell but the bottom of the soap is an oatmeal base to replicate the bottom of the ocean, then I did color the water but not enough its very hard to tell.

Sweating is an issue down here in FL. I have the a/c on which *knock on wood* (where's my DH's head :D) has done a great job cutting out the sweating issue. If I do get sweating I've find that putting it in front of a small fan helps "dry" the soap, then I immediately put it in a cello bag. Trust me I feel your pain with the sweats, as soon as the a/c goes off and there's the slightest bit of humidity they sweat. BUT wrapping them quickly really does help.

You said wrapping them quickly helps. I've found that in Alabama (also high humidity), when I wrap transparent glycerine soaps loosely they still sweat. The wrap has to actually be very tight against the soap. That seems impossible to do (in my tiny little mind!) with the doll in the soap. So would you mind sharing how you would wrap them?

TIA,

Jane