Soap Question for Soapers

I do not make soap, but use handmade soaps all of the time. I have noticed that some bars, when getting to the end of the bar, tends to feel waxy and our softened water will actually "bead up" on my skin. Just wondering if anyone knows what causes this. It does not happen all of the time.

TIA.

I have no idea. Some I have purchased for resale, others just for myself. I do know that one supplier's I use is all natural...no beeswax, I know, and I don't get that feeling.

I am assuming that beeswax could do this? That would make sense. But why would the waxy feeling not occur until the bar is very small?

Could it be that the Soybean Oil is really soywax melted (JUST KIDDING :P). The ingredients are nothing outta the ordinary, that's weird. Have you ever cut a bar in 1/2 down the middle (like for samples??) if so does it look different in the middle where its waxy feeling ??

Hope someone can help ya!

Many years ago when I use to use "Dove" soap, You know the one that advertised that every bar was 1/4 cleansing cream? I was showering away and noticed I had grease all over me. Looked at the bar and there was a big lump of pink cold cream ( looked like what "Merle Norman" use to sell) I guess there was a batch that didn't get mixed too well. I've briefly thought of trying to layer some thick lotion in my cp or even hp might be better, just as an experiment of course.