Foolproof Pillar Wicking

This is the method I use for all my pillars (I don't use wick pins). Tie a slip knot in your wick. Cut to length. Use a piece of wire to thread the wick through a wick tab, then a piece of rubber, then the mold. Secure at the top with chopsticks and rubber bands. Use a pair of pliers and pull really tight. If tight, these babies will not leak. View from the bottom:

wick.jpg

That is very similar to the jiffy wicker. you can buy it at pourette or genwax. it's not that expensive, but never thought of using other similar items, might be even cheaper, thanks! I think it comes with instructions on the slip knot, btw, but not sure.

I've been doing something similar for years. Any kind of knot will do, as long as it can't get through the hole in the wick clip. I use a small square of steel with a hole in it, but the idea is the same. Then after the candle is set up, I use a razor knife and cut the knot off.

Just a hint, if you dip the wick in the melting wax before tying the knot in it, it makes it easier to put it through the hole in the rubber. It is also then waxed for burning the candle.

Fredron

Waxes 'n Wicks

Lighting the world one candle at a time.

You would just take the chopsticks or skewers and put them together wrap rubber bands around each end pull your wick up through the slit HTH

Exactly. Not sure where I got the rubber, LOL. Still have the same sheet and it's been 4 years. I think craft foam will work.

You would just take the chopsticks or skewers and put them together wrap rubber bands around each end pull your wick up through the slit HTH

Yes that helps loads! Been playing with some pillars lately and was having a heck of a time! THanks

!