Let's talk Mineral Makeup

I got a sample of this stuff in one of the MOTB boxes.

The color is too dark, but I am curious to what others think about this type makeup. I know people go wild over Bare Escentuals. Is this designed primarily for people with oily skin? Has anyone found those Kabuki brushes wholesale? I know the ingredients are inexpensive. I have found a few sites that offer samples. But I have a very light, dry complexion. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. I never wear base makeup, just moisturizer. Oh the things time can do to one's skin. :shocked2:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear mineral make up. I love it. I have combination skin, most of the time on the dry side. I also have a fair complextion. I switched to mineral makeup because I was having trouble with acne. It took a little time for my skin to settle down but my skin is liking the mineral make up a lot better. I have less breakout and less severe ones. HTH:wink2:

I got a sample of this stuff in one of the MOTB boxes.

The color is too dark, but I am curious to what others think about this type makeup. I know people go wild over Bare Escentuals. Is this designed primarily for people with oily skin? Has anyone found those Kabuki brushes wholesale? I know the ingredients are inexpensive. I have found a few sites that offer samples. But I have a very light, dry complexion. Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. I never wear base makeup, just moisturizer. Oh the things time can do to one's skin. :shocked2:

I'm one of those who has gone wild over it. I've been using it for 2 yrs. My mother starting using 6 months before me and my teenage daughter wears it. I'm very fair skin and dry as well.

Here are a few inexpensive kits and they have a formulary:

http://www.theconservatorie.com/foundationkit.htm

Yes, I need not lead anyone into temptation... :P

(including myself, all I need is some silk powder...... LOL!)

This site has some good recipes- and a nice kit as well:

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=651

Yes, I need not lead anyone into temptation... :P

(including myself, all I need is some silk powder...... LOL!)

I have some silk powder someone sent me and I was going to pass it to you, but turns out it's the wrong one (Silk Amino Acid Protein Powder 100% water soluble).

Guess you'll have to go shopping....

hey Myst I can be your guinea pig...remember I am sporting that Monoi tan so it needs to be a pretty golden color! lol

Actually I have been eyeballing some and just havent broken down and bought it since its summer and I dont need the base color right now.

I really like the mineral foundations. I bought one from Revlon or Loreal I think. I have a very light complexion and the classic T zone skin so it works wonders for me.... Unless I'm working in the kitchen... then I have to wear a liquid foundation or its gone in an hour. Gotta love Color Stay from Revlon. ;)

I'll be a guinea pig. I've wanted to order the Bare Essentials stuff, but I hide the phone and sit on my hands everytime the infomertial comes on.

I've been using mineral makeup for over a year now, from Bare Essentials. I will never go back to liquid makeup. You'll love the way it's so light feeling, like you have nothing on, and it covers a lot better than you'd ever think it could. I started with samples from ebay, then ordered from QVC, then picked up on the infomercial. It lasts a long time, but I usually don't wear it if I'm staying home. I liked the "package deals" from QVC and the infomercial because you then get the brushes, and they have some really nice brushes, but to dang expensive to order on their own.

i've been using Bare Escentuals for about 4 years now. mom got me turned onto it. the best start up deal is off QVC cuz those brushes are the best. after that, Sephora now carries their makeup and i think Ulta might have a small selection.

oh, and i have dry skin, especially the forehead, apples of the cheeks and the nose. just use a good moisturizer first.

Bisque is a great coverup, wouldn't go without!

Why people, why must you all tempt me like this???

NOW, Where's my credit card??

No kidding, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I need to stay out of this section LOL :whistle: .................................................................:tiptoe:

I have been wearing Bare Escentuals for close to 8 years now. I have not looked back. I started with base w/ brush at QVC. Most of my collection of little pots have come from Q as todays special values. It lasts forever! Honestly, the shelflife is endless, and a little goes a long way. It has taken me years to (almost) use up my favorite eye liner.

One of the great things is that is is non-toxic to babies, if they want to give you one of those open mouthed kisses on the cheek that some are inclined to do.

Treat it like a wardrobe, start with the basics and then add the extras. It last so long that it has actually been very inexpensive for me.:yay::yay:

you wear makeup in the kitchen?

Well of course! I'm actually not tied down to any particular area in the building at any given time, so I try not to scare folks by going into work without any makeup on. It's really a crap shot... I could spend all day in the kitchen like I did Friday, or no time at all, like today. I'm a minimalist anyway when it comes to makeup.

I've been wearing Bare Escentuals for a couple of years and I will NEVER go back to any other kind of makeup. I buy mine on ebay and I just recently lucked out and got a kabuki brush for $7.50 (ebay also). I have combination skin with a few dry area's in the winter. Once you find your correct shade your hooked!!! LOVE the minerals!!!

Beverly

• 1 year later...

Ok, I'm bringing up this old thread about Mineral Make up. After coming back from Ca I've been researching this big time for weeks and weeks and...... well you know, and took a head-on dive into it. :laugh2:

I was wondering if any of you ended up making any Mineral Makeup....... Foundations, Eye Shadows, Blush, Bronzer's etc??

One thing I found, recipes are HARD to come by! If anyone has made Minerals, did you find recipes??

I don't know if this is really what your interested in but when I saw the post I had to respond. The mineral makeup I used is a store brand(infomercial) and it made my face ich like crazy! Plus it really didn't provide enough coverage for me. I don't know enough about it to comment on what exactly caused the iching. I hope someone here might know so that you guys might avoid it if your going to make the product yourself.

Ah, so that might be what caused it! I certainly do not mean to make a comment that you may already be aware of so this isn't meant as an insult in any way. Even with a ton of testing as I am sure the company did there is always someone that has a skin issue that others didn't experience. If your selling you may want to consider having insurance if you don't already. My face was red and blochy and I wasn't very happy:mad: So many people are very particular about their skin and if they had to go to the doctor about it they might want reimbursement for their expense. Back in my super model days I may have wanted reimbursement for my pain and suffering:laugh2: but I just tossed the stuff out and used bendryl cream.