How To Sterilize Lotion Bar Tubes

SueH

Dust doesn't grow the ickies.

For my microbiology lab in college 10,000 years ago, I tried to culture the dust I found in the corner of the Physics library. Never got a darned thing to grow. But I got great cultures off my kitchen sponge and my "clean" kitchen towel!

I think you're more likely to introduce creepy crawlies by using the bleach solution, since it contains water.

Sure it's got water in it but the 10% bleach solution will kill the germs. That's what a lot of medical places & restraunts use to clean hard surfaces.

IMO - I would use the 10% bleach solution if that container does not trap any of the solution inside anywhere. I like to be safe & clean when it comes to B&B products.

But there's simply no need to do so, especially if they are packaged cleanly from the supplier. There's nothing to support any microbial life.

If they appear dusty on the outside, just blow them off as mentioned.

I am new to this site and have been reading and getting a lot of info from all.

I"m having trouble navigating and not even sure I'm posting in the correct place. Is there someplace that it gives the names of initials eg. WSP of various manufactures. I don't know the terminology here. What does Threads mean? Probably sounds rather "dense" but could someone tell me how this site works? Thanks so very much and please bear with me until I get it. Then I'll most likely drive you all nuts with my questions. Tammy

I am new to this site and have been reading and getting a lot of info from all.

I"m having trouble navigating and not even sure I'm posting in the correct place. Is there someplace that it gives the names of initials eg. WSP of various manufactures. I don't know the terminology here. What does Threads mean? Probably sounds rather "dense" but could someone tell me how this site works? Thanks so very much and please bear with me until I get it. Then I'll most likely drive you all nuts with my questions. Tammy

Just so you know you should have started your question in a new post. You posted here under a thread that is talking about a container.

Hope you figure out how to post correctly, If you need help just ask.