wicks in tarts

If you were to make a tart say as a floater, how would you wick them? I'm still new here and haven't a clue on this issue. What is the smallest wick you can get? Please help! My friend wants me to make her 12 floaters next month. Thanks much..Dee

Depends on the diameter of the tart mold for your wick.

Here's a good wicking chart for you: http://www.candlewic.com/candle-wicks/pop-spools.asp

Make sure before you order wicks if the mold you are going to use will even allow for a floating candle. Stick one of your tarts in water and see if it floats. If it doesn't, you will need a floater mold.

thanks for the wicking site, but there are so many now I'm really confussed, lol. I dont plan on making these often, and I just need 12 of them. I have a reg. tart mold, the one that looks like a flower type, the normal one. Is there any way you could just use a votive wick in these? Or would they burn to fast. I'm looking for an easy way to do these. Any ideas? Thanks

I would think the votive wick may burn it too fast, but I don't know what wax you're using or anything. I would ask your friend how long she wants them to burn for - then start testing. There are additives you can get that raise the melting point and make the wax harder and longer burning. I get mine from Pourette, they are called clear crystals but they may be called something else at other suppliers. That might be something at will work with your wicks. Try and see.

Good Luck!

I made some of these a while back and if I remember correctly I used the same wicks as in my tealights..I'm at work right now so I can't check but will try to when I get home. It was either my tealight wicks or my votive wicks. The floaters would burn for about 3 hours straight...maybe a bit longer.