question about JS fruit slices fo

jolsen1973

Has anyone tried this oil and found what looks like fruit pulp in the oil? The oil smells awesome oob, but there are these little pieces of something floating around that seriously look like fruit pulp! It doesn't really bother me, but I'm just curious as to what they are and if anyone else has experienced this! Thanks for any input!

Jen

:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another JS fo with 'floaties'? Did you email Becky? I also have JS fruit slices with nothing in it (had to go check it out!) - but it seems wierd to me that this issue has come up just recently.....any fo with 'floaties' seems suspect to me!

Debbie

I order fruit slices on a regular basis - it is a best seller for me and I have never had anything floating in it. I have alot of JS oils and have never had any floaties. I have the chocolata and no floaties of any kind in it either.

Just got them both last week.

All I ever get is GREAT customer service and GREAT products. Nothing suspect about that.

I just ordered this and got it in on Monday, and it has no 'floaties' nor has it ever had 'floaties in the past either. hmmmmmm. Are you sure it is a JS oil?????

Given the fact that someone else just recently reported floaties in another JS oil, why is that so hard to believe? LOL

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Given the fact that someone else just recently reported floaties in another JS oil, why is that so hard to believe? LOL

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Because as I just mentioned, I recieved this oil on Monday and it has no 'floaties' in it. I order this on a regular basis, and have never seen anything floating in it. This is an awesome scent by the way, very strong at 6%, and I am stumped on this one---

Ya know, after reading some negative stuff a few of you continuously write about JS; I checked all of my oils. I don't have one oil that has anything floating around in it. Not one. I don't get it.

Given the fact that JS has lightening fast shipping, excellent CS and great oils, JS is and will remain one of my favorite suppliers. I have been real happy with the oils I get there.

I got 5 pounds of fruit slices last week. No floaties. It is a really strong oil and has always done well for me.

Ya know, after reading some negative stuff a few of you continuously write about JS; I checked all of my oils. I don't have one oil that has anything floating around in it. Not one. I don't get it.

Given the fact that JS has lightening fast shipping, excellent CS and great oils, JS is and will remain one of my favorite suppliers. I have been real happy with the oils I get there.

I got 5 pounds of fruit slices last week. No floaties. It is a really strong oil and has always done well for me.

I really think you need to look at some of the Posts about this supplier....it is not the same people everytime. I have had negative interactions with this supplier and all I have said is that most of her oils do not work for me. There are a few that do but most just do not throw for me.

I think Becky is a nice lady...I have said that on a couple different occasions, but that does not change the fact that most of her oils do not work for me.

9 times out of 10 if someone is posting a problem they are having with a specific oil or supplier they are trying to see if it is an isolated incident...they are not trying to cause problems.

Someone did post just a few days ago about "floaties". One person had this problem a while back....and I know and trust this person...so yes, there could be problems.

I could care less. I will not, I repeat...WILL NOT order from Just Scent ever again. For those of you that JS Fo's work for, I am happy for you....you have found a supplier that you like and that means a lot. I have a wonderful supplier that I strayed from trying to save money...I definitly learned my lesson.

We all have different opinions where FO's are concerned...we all as a group will NEVER agree on one single supplier.

There are far more positive things said (also continually) about JS than negative. However, everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad.

I have a bottle of fo from JS....it has long strings of nasty in it along with some sandy sediment on the bottom. When I called, I was told this was *normal*. Sorry, I'm not doing *normal*. I will never use it, or sell it. It was just a waste. I do use alot of oils from JS, but I don't think it should be too hard to see *things* floating in the clear bottles, either when pouring OR packing.

Well then by all means you should continue to order from her.

Hmmmm, I didn't post this thread to start any kind of discussion on Just Scent's reputation, customer service, or oil quality. If you look at some of my recent posts, I have given Becky kudos for her outstanding customer service and have posted wonderful reviews for her oils. I am by no means stating that the oil is bad or even that I'm having a problem with it. I even stated in my post that the oil smells wonderful oob and that the floaties do not bother me, I am just curious about them. I agree that everyone has a right to his/her own opinion, but I didn't mean for my thread to start any kind of negativity! And please do not take this reply the wrong way. I am not offended by anyone's post, nor do I wish to haggle with anyone. I was simply curious about the floaties as I just received samples from JS and of the 17 I received this order and 18 I received last order, this is the only one that has had any kind of material in it. In my opinion, Becky is a wonderful supplier with great quality oils and awesome customer service. I will continue to order from her, floaties or not, because her oils have turned out awesome tarts for me!

Jen

I really think you need to look at some of the Posts about this supplier....it is not the same people everytime. I have had negative interactions with this supplier and all I have said is that most of her oils do not work for me. There are a few that do but most just do not throw for me.

I think Becky is a nice lady...I have said that on a couple different occasions, but that does not change the fact that most of her oils do not work for me.

9 times out of 10 if someone is posting a problem they are having with a specific oil or supplier they are trying to see if it is an isolated incident...they are not trying to cause problems.

Someone did post just a few days ago about "floaties". One person had this problem a while back....and I know and trust this person...so yes, there could be problems.

I could care less. I will not, I repeat...WILL NOT order from Just Scent ever again. For those of you that JS Fo's work for, I am happy for you....you have found a supplier that you like and that means a lot. I have a wonderful supplier that I strayed from trying to save money...I definitly learned my lesson.

We all have different opinions where FO's are concerned...we all as a group will NEVER agree on one single supplier.

Kimberly, I completely agree with you BUT it does seem like some people really go out of there way to make sure they get to add extra snide remarks about JS. I have a few of JS's oils on my list as well as many other oils suppliers and you are right. Some work.. and some don't, but I think you get to a point as a reader of Candletech when you just shake your head at some people who post because they are obviously trying to just create drama and get their 2 cents in.

Okay back in my corner :)

Kimberly, I completely agree with you BUT it does seem like some people really go out of there way to make sure they get to add extra snide remarks about JS. I have a few of JS's oils on my list as well as many other oils suppliers and you are right. Some work.. and some don't, but I think you get to a point as a reader of Candletech when you just shake your head at some people who post because they are obviously trying to just create drama and get their 2 cents in.

Okay back in my corner :)

I agree, and have also noticed this too. It is always the same people stirring the same pot.

The thing is.. every oils works differently for every single person. Something that I love you may hate. That's what is so great about having tons of supplier. I just start getting discouraged with CT when it seems like every time I come here someone is trying to start stuff with others. I don't pay attention to who's starting what because I don't have time to make mental notes. I've been a member since Sept and have such a low post count, but that doesn't mean I don't check in daily.

I just wish that people could post constructive criticism. If you get an oil from ANY company and it stinks don't rush to CT and say, "OH MY GAWD (enter oil and supplier here) smells like cat pee!! I barfed all over my keyboard!!" because sometimes what people post are damaging to others.

I've never got an oil from JS that has stuff floating in it. Perhaps these things that people are posting are really happening, but maybe instead of coming here they could 1st email the supplier and ask there and then if you feel the supplier is feeding you a line of crap you could come here and ask. JMHO.

I've never got an oil from JS that has stuff floating in it. Perhaps these things that people are posting are really happening, but maybe instead of coming here they could 1st email the supplier and ask there and then if you feel the supplier is feeding you a line of crap you could come here and ask. JMHO.

I guess when I first posted the thread I thought of it the other way around. Why bother the supplier if it's a common thing for this oil to have what looks like fruit pulp in it. Like I said in my reply, I wasn't trying to be negative or start anything with anyone. The "pulp" isn't even a big deal and I was seriously just curious! I ended up just straining the oil before pouring my second testers and it worked out just fine! The sad part for me is that I'm wondering how posting an honest question with absolutely no negative tones could go from being innocent to being filled with tension, stress, and anger. I almost wish that I could delete the whole thread just to end it! I'm absolutely going to take a break from posting here because I really don't feel the need to expose myself to negativity of any kind. Many thanks though to all of you who have provided me with constructive feedback and suggestions! I truly appreciate it and happy candle-making to all!

Jen

I absolutely don't think you should stop posting here. I think the reason why everyone got so riled up is because lately it's almost been like people have been attacking this supplier. The other day they were saying that there were floaties in a chocolate oil she had and then a couple days later you posted saying you thought you saw pulp in your oil. LOL

To answer your question about the white stuff in your oil though.. I've ordered oils before and not just from JS, and there's been white crystal like stuff sitting in the bottom of my oils. These crystals are from the vanilla's or something and when they get cold they crystalize. I'm not saying that this is the case with your particular oil, but it certainly could be.

All I can say is that if there is pulp in your oils you've got a BIG problem and I would certainly take it up with JS but I'm HIGHLY doubting that's what it is. As with the chocolate oil that someone had a problem with.. if there's cocoa in that oil then someone's got a big problem because NO ONE uses raw materials like cocoa when they make oils like that. Someone also said that they once found sticks in an oil. I find that really hard to believe.

Again, let me make this perfectly clear.. I'm not affliated with JS. I'm just a customer who has some of her oils on my scent list and the ones that I do use I've been impressed with. Some don't work for me.. just like some NG, Daystar, TCS, and ICS don't work for me either.

Good Golly boys and girls! Why is it that people who post something that is construed as negative by people they are "pot stirrers" or "trouble makers"? It seems to me that the folks out there who find the need to defend the universe are adding fuel to the fire that may or may not have even been there before!

If JS is a reputable supplier who practices top notch business, then they need no defending here, do they? If someone has a problem such as Jolsen who wanted to check to see if her floaties were normal, and fifteen people jump in to tell her "OMG her oils are fantastic, this is highly out of the ordinary, NEVER happens to me, blah blah blah" then Jolsen is likely to believe that this is either A) her imagination, or B) something completely isolated, or C) everyone thinks she might be stirring the pot and trying to cause trouble.

So tell me, if someone remarks that they have heard of this happening before, would that not remedy some of the conclusions that a new person might come to? Would that not cause her to investigate further? I say yes.

JS is not perfect, nomatter how many of you wish to believe that they are. Please don't let a new person or any person for that matter feel that they can not come here to post something no matter HOW negative it may appear to be. Jolsen, for the record, I don't believe that you started this post to stir any sort of proverbial pot. I just think that it's dead WRONG for someone to even IMPLY that you weren't sure what oils you were even talking about... especially when another thread was posted addressing the SAME issue just a day or two ago. If JS oils work for you, More power to you. But if they don't, or you have a legitimate question to ask regarding them, then there should be no reason why you couldn't ask it here.

I absolutely don't think you should stop posting here. I think the reason why everyone got so riled up is because lately it's almost been like people have been attacking this supplier. The other day they were saying that there were floaties in a chocolate oil she had and then a couple days later you posted saying you thought you saw pulp in your oil. LOL

To answer your question about the white stuff in your oil though.. I've ordered oils before and not just from JS, and there's been white crystal like stuff sitting in the bottom of my oils. These crystals are from the vanilla's or something and when they get cold they crystalize. I'm not saying that this is the case with your particular oil, but it certainly could be.

All I can say is that if there is pulp in your oils you've got a BIG problem and I would certainly take it up with JS but I'm HIGHLY doubting that's what it is. As with the chocolate oil that someone had a problem with.. if there's cocoa in that oil then someone's got a big problem because NO ONE uses raw materials like cocoa when they make oils like that. Someone also said that they once found sticks in an oil. I find that really hard to believe.

Again, let me make this perfectly clear.. I'm not affliated with JS. I'm just a customer who has some of her oils on my scent list and the ones that I do use I've been impressed with. Some don't work for me.. just like some NG, Daystar, TCS, and ICS don't work for me either.

I was the one who purchased the oil with the dark floaties in it and did receive an email from Becky stating it was indeed cocoa floating around in it. She offered to exchange it with another bottle of the same kind or a completely different oil. Becky has been more than helpful to me in this matter.

I believe her customer service to be excellent as well as the quality of her oils. The only reason I did not hear from her right away was my email ended up in her spam folder by mistake. Once she realized what was going on, she emailed me right away with the answer I was looking for.

Good Golly boys and girls! Why is it that people who post something that is construed as negative by people they are "pot stirrers" or "trouble makers"? It seems to me that the folks out there who find the need to defend the universe are adding fuel to the fire that may or may not have even been there before!

If JS is a reputable supplier who practices top notch business, then they need no defending here, do they? If someone has a problem such as Jolsen who wanted to check to see if her floaties were normal, and fifteen people jump in to tell her "OMG her oils are fantastic, this is highly out of the ordinary, NEVER happens to me, blah blah blah" then Jolsen is likely to believe that this is either A) her imagination, or B) something completely isolated, or C) everyone thinks she might be stirring the pot and trying to cause trouble.

So tell me, if someone remarks that they have heard of this happening before, would that not remedy some of the conclusions that a new person might come to? Would that not cause her to investigate further? I say yes.

JS is not perfect, nomatter how many of you wish to believe that they are. Please don't let a new person or any person for that matter feel that they can not come here to post something no matter HOW negative it may appear to be. Jolsen, for the record, I don't believe that you started this post to stir any sort of proverbial pot. I just think that it's dead WRONG for someone to even IMPLY that you weren't sure what oils you were even talking about... especially when another thread was posted addressing the SAME issue just a day or two ago. If JS oils work for you, More power to you. But if they don't, or you have a legitimate question to ask regarding them, then there should be no reason why you couldn't ask it here.

The issue isn't Jolsen's honest question, but the many rude remarks made by you and your friends. They are certainly not constructive or helpful, so why make them?????? The perfect example of how to twist things to your own agenda, lol. :rolleyes2