Need help renaming Monkey Farts

What's wrong with "Monkey Farts?." I sell this scent just on the name alone. If you are worried about offending, I have to say that I have yet to find anyone really offended by it. In fact, they always laugh when they read the name. But I do understand someone's concern. So how about "Monkey Toots." Or "Monkey Love." "Monkey Bubbles."

What's wrong with "Monkey Farts?." I sell this scent just on the name alone. If you are worried about offending, I have to say that I have yet to find anyone really offended by it. In fact, they always laugh when they read the name. But I do understand someone's concern. So how about "Monkey Toots." Or "Monkey Love." "Monkey Bubbles."

I personally like the name....but this was the only candle I got feedback on the name from 5 out of the 7 of my testers...normally they dont say anything just test the candle. So I figured I'd better do something.

Monkey Treats

Monkey Snacks

or, you can avoid the monkey all together & call it a fruity type name:

Jungle Fruits

Fruity Paradise

Exotic Fruits

Banana Fruit Salad

But, I must say, that the name Monkey Farts/Toots will get people curious enough to at least take a sniff!

I personally like the name....but this was the only candle I got feedback on the name from 5 out of the 7 of my testers...normally they dont say anything just test the candle. So I figured I'd better do something.

I haven't had that reaction from testers or customers but if I did, I would change the name too. I just think some folks are too uptight. Maybe there problem is that they are a little constipated. LOL

The name sells..and brings business..people call over their friends to smell this...then they stay and buy!! It gets lots of laughs and attention..the people most worried about smelling it is the kids funny as that is!! :)

I haven't had that reaction from testers or customers but if I did, I would change the name too. I just think some folks are too uptight. Maybe there problem is that they are a little constipated. LOL

Who kows...I may switch it back. I switched lick me all over back to the original name.

• 1 month later...

My first day visiting this board a couple of months ago I noticed a thread about "Monkey Farts". I had never heard of it & it definitely piqued my interest. But on the thread someone suggested "Primal Breeze" as an alternative to Monkey Farts. It cracked me up & I'll never forget it!

What's wrong with "Monkey Farts?." I sell this scent just on the name alone. If you are worried about offending, I have to say that I have yet to find anyone really offended by it. In fact, they always laugh when they read the name. But I do understand someone's concern.

I agree! The name alone makes people stop and sniff (and laugh!) However, I understand too and a friend of mine renamed it to "Fruity TOOTY" :laugh2:

My first day visiting this board a couple of months ago I noticed a thread about "Monkey Farts". I had never heard of it & it definitely piqued my interest. But on the thread someone suggested "Primal Breeze" as an alternative to Monkey Farts. It cracked me up & I'll never forget it!

:laugh2: I love THIS one! or Monkey's Trail. :laugh2:

MONKEY BLOWOUT!!!:laugh2:

I agree with Meridith...People buy the candle just for the name!!...

Even the up-tight old women will stop to smell a monkey fart...

It makes people laugh..

Hey, I figure... If it offends them, they need to lighten up!!

Everyone farts... even cute little monkeys!!!;)

I've had this fragrance for a little over a year now and when I first got it, I too wanted to rename it (guess I was a little embarrassed by selling it as Monkey Farts) anyways, I renamed it Monkey Kisses but....a few of my customers knew what the original name was and wanted me to put that on the label so I just did some up for them with Monkey Farts. Well, to make a long story short, lol, I totally changed Monkey Kisses back to Monkey Farts and this is one of my biggest sellers!!! I have a few wholesale places that sell tons of this too! I'm really glad I changed it back to Monkey Farts, it REALLY catches the eye and then their curiousity and they buy it (once they get the nerve to open it and smell it, lol). I had the same reaction with Butt Naked at first but this is also a VERY good seller for me.

Monkey Farts also sells awesome in lotion for me! I think sometimes I'm a little more "uptight" than my customers.:laugh2:

Have a great weekend!

Deb