how large is a pallet?

of jars and wax? and what kind of price break do ya'll get for buying like that? Would shipping cost even more since its a large order? I get my jars from alabaster in alabama and while they offer price breaks on many jars they dont on jjs. Im paying 5.25 per 12 with lids.

I know a "standard pallet" is about five feet high by about five feet wide. As for price breaks, it depends completely on the supplier. As for freight, you will pay ALOT less, on a per item basis, by having a pallet shipped. Shop around and you can normally have a pallet shipped from most any supplier, for under $300 (my pallets have all been shipped for under $200).

I thought a pallet would be cheeper too but wrong! I checked on pallet prices because I needed a lot for a fundraiser and found out truck shipping has gone higher than UPS because of fuel prices.

When I checked I was only going to save .10 per jar if I ordered by the pallet.

No.....Depends alot on the freight company. When I ordered my pallet of Wax from Brenda at Greenleaf, she was quoting me $400+ for the freight on the pallet from her freight companies, and, I know she worked hard to get me the best quote cause she got about five of them. I went out on my own and found a company called Central Transport, that delivered the pallet for like $190. That's pretty significant.

Also, even the $400 companies would have saved you more than 10 cents per jar, over stanard UPS rates (unless you went with UPS freight, which is yet another freight company).

Your savings on freight, when buying by the pallet, are very significant. Even IF you were only saving 10 cents, that's about a 10% savings on cost. That's fairly significant in and of itself.

A pallet of jars with the distributors I use =1656 jars or 46 cases. Shipping via motor freight is a heck of a lot less, <$200. If those same jars were sent 1 case at a time the shipping would be almost $800.

Agreed the price break per jar isn't great but the overall cost (item + s/h) & convenience makes ordering by the pallet worth it. You just need space to store it all.

Try and look locally too to save you some serious $$$ on shipping. Even a short 5 hour trip to pick up a pallet of something will only cost you gas money.

(I get my retired dad to go get stuff - he loves to drive & won't let me pay for anything but his meals lol)

Is your dad thinking about adoption? :rolleyes2 I could be had.......

You are fortunate - in that your dad likes to do it and he is still around to do it for you! Lucky girl!!

A pallet of square mason jars from Richard's Packaging has 300 cases, 12 jars in each case.

Humm... this sounds interesting. I wonder where I can store 300 cases of jars. What does shipping run you AJ and can you tell me where you order them?

Humm... this sounds interesting. I wonder where I can store 300 cases of jars. What does shipping run you AJ and can you tell me where you order them?

Don't hate me, chickie ... I can pick them up locally in KC. :wink2: Zero shipping costs. Well, OK, costs me an afternoon and a quarter tank of gas. LOL

Don't hate me, chickie ... I can pick them up locally in KC. :wink2: Zero shipping costs. Well, OK, costs me an afternoon and a quarter tank of gas. LOL

We don't hate you, but that sucks! ;) Seriously, you are so lucky!!

Oooh... maybe I can bribe you with cookies or homemade cheesecake one of these days for a jar run. ;)