Help Venting Here ( Hate This Inkjet Printer)

Brooke

Would you believe I have spent most of the day jacking with this

HP inkjet printer :mad: I have had it !

I would be choking this thing if I could.

Its the darn ink cartridges even after a refill ( not consistant)

I am ready to go find a laser printer.

Money who cares :P this is taking up my time so bad.

Poor thing I guess I have over worked the darn thing :whip:

Which Laser printer should I go check out :naughty:

Thanks

Brooke

I am surprised to hear you are having probs with your HP printer. I have one and absolutely love it after having many other brands of printers. This one has been great for 3 1/2 years now and it uses so little ink on the cartridges. I have no idea what laser printer to get but you might look on epinions.com to see some reviews.

I am using a HP Deskjet 3650 and to tell you the truth

I am not sure how old it is it was given to me hardly used.

It has been working fine for me but here lately it seems I am spending to much time convincing:waiting: it to work right LOL

I probably need to purchase a new cartridge.

Maybe the one I have has just been refill to many times.

I will still be looking at the laser printers though LOL :grin2:

Thanks for your replies

Just blew my top a bit LOL

Its the darn ink cartridges even after a refill ( not consistant)

Did you try to refill your cartridge from a kit?

My FIL tried using an ink refill kit. Did not work AND killed his printer.

Have fun shopping.

Yes I have been using a refill kit for my ink cartridges

I am getting them at Wal-mart.

I have used them a lot .

So I am thinking the sponge inside the cartridge is wore out LOL

I am getting to the point I need to be able to print at higher quanities and

not have to keep watching each page to be sure it is turning out right :whistle:

I would love to be able to walk away and let 50 sheets print without worring about them. ( EVEN 10 sheets ) I would be HAPPY LOL

Thanks for your thoughts !

It is recommended that you only refill a cartridge once (twice at the most). They just aren't made to be reused so many times. I tried it a couple of times (once each on two different cartridges) and could honestly tell a difference in print quality. Plus, the cartridge spattered ink all over the inside of the printer. I won't be doing that anymore. LOL

Food for thought here.....if you print lots of labels it might be more cost effective to purchase a Laser printer. I do print lots of labels and i was going thru ink jet catridges about every 6 weeks at an average of $60 a pop. Then i started researching the Laser printers and the quality of my label was like night and day, i was hooked. But when I saw how much ($$) the replacement catridges were it made me back away....for a minute...lol. Doing some research I found the Laser printer that I choose prints 2000 sheets before replacing the catridges which by the way come to $300. But so far i've had my Laser printer 3 months and have maybe printed 600 sheets. Cost wise it was a smart move and quality wise it was the best decision I have made. I still use my inkjet, i have both printers hooked up to my computer and i use the inkjet for invoices and such and only use the Laser for my labels.

Thanks for the food for thought Conefan80

You are right about the quality difference of the laser printer vs. inkjet.

It has always bothered me that the inkjet lays the inks on top of the paper but a laser printer infuses them in.

You can actually scratch off the ink on the ( inkjet labels)

I haven't done enough homework research on the lasers yet.

Brand?

Model ?

replacement cartridge cost ?

I too was going to keep my deskjet for odd paper printing if I can find

a laser printer.

I need to decide though my blank label stock is getting low and I will need to place a order soon.

With your laser printer can you print off 5 sheets of labels at a time and not

worry about them starting off the page wrong. With the deskjet I always have to watch and check each sheet as it starts to make sure it is printing ok.

Cleaning the rolls helps too.

What brand did you research on ?

I did a research on the top 20 laser printers. The guy at the store really liked the Okiedata and the quality was great, the replacement catridges were less expensive. I also liked the HP 2600N and mind you i was looking at the cost and these were for your money comparable and the less expensive color models. The difference, when you replace the catridges for the HP you were also replacing the drum, in the Okiedata you were not and eventually if you ran a lot of copies the drum would also have to be replaced. That kinda sold me right then. I was lucky to get the 2600N on sale for $299 with full sets of ink. Yes you can run 5 sheets and not have to watch them and even though my labels are still off a slight bit, its nothing compared to how off the mark they were with my inkjet. It is so slight that i'm sure i'm the only one who notices it. I buy my label paper from Planetlabel, no problems. And yes the quality is like night and day, my labels have a gloss finish to them and my paper is matte. Took me 3 years to move up to this investment but i'm so glad i did. I always felt like my labels were the one thing that i needed to work on and this has fixed that issue. Purchasing preprinted labels was not an option for me as I am constantly adding new scents and also do private labeling and I wanted that control. Hope this has helped...

Conefan80,

You have no idea how your information has helped me. :yay:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

I have been purchasing my labels from

http://www.onlinelabels.com/default.htm

They have labels for laser printer too.

I was thinking the laser labels could handle the uv lights in a store better.

Have you found that this to be right?

I was hoping the white wouldn't yellow

so quickly

I also have the HP 2600N color laser printer and it is a very nice machine. I loved the fact that it comes with full toner sets versus a starter set. The print quality is awesome and it feeds through labels nicely. When I don't need color I use our old HP Laser black printer. The quality of the print on it is nice, but it's nowhere near as crisp as the new color printer. I would recommend the HP 2600N to anyone!

Good luck on your decision-making! :cheesy2:

Thanks Brenda,

You gals have me ready to run out and shop for a LASER PRINTER LOL :drool:

It is a big decision. I may pick up another Wholesale account here soon and the last thing I like doing if I am in a pinch on time is fixing the printer.

I would like to print quanitities ahead and file them away.

I print my own brochures too and I have found it takes a lot of time on my deskjet plus the color issue.

Where do you buy your refills for your laser printers at?

I have yet to see any yellowing but.. i buy the buff colored paper. The kraft paper i felt was too dark with my jars but the buff looks great. Keep an eye on Best Buy for sales, check online as well. I have yet to purchase any cartridges but i'm sure when I do it will be either Best Buy, Wally World or where ever i happen to be. There is very little price difference with these catridges. As for brochures, i have mine done professionally because they also did the props and set it up. It is a high quality gloss sheet, front and back, and i attach a scent list/description to it. That way if/when you change or add scents its easier to just change that piece of paper, i have found that most all vendors do that at the trade shows as well. You can check out my brochure as I also use it for my homepage on my website.

www.wildfire-creations.com

Very Nice :thumbsup:

I see you are also TM

I am in the fine process of filing for a true TM

A lot to stuff to read because I was going to file a TEAS form online.

Can't make a mistake or I will have to pay for it again. LOL *getdown*

I am feeling much better about investing into a laser printer.

I will watch for sales these next few weeks. The adds came out today.

I have a Lexmark 530 Laser printer, amost a year old. It works great for Warning labels, Brochures and saves a lot of time. I still use my old Lex inkjet (Z52) for some of my nicer labels, it has more detail for photo personalized labels. Between the two, my labeling has been really easy and professinal looking. Be careful of Planet Labels Inkjet/Laser gloss labels. They do not work in both printers and colors have a tendancy to peel off. Brochure stock from http://www.expectdiscounts.com/ is 1st rate. Good luck! Carole

I also have the HP 2600n. Hubby got it for me last july. And I love the thing like crazy.. I do alot more then labels on mine. Try biz card for 2 biz, labels (product,waring,shipping), catalogs, crochet patterns and SO MUCH more.. And the only toner that I have replaced so far was the black toner back in Feb.

I can't believe I went so long with out one..

Jeanna

I just got an HP 6540 a few days ago from a friend. It has a small broken part that I fixed with a piece of tape. I can print photo quality with this thing and it was free. The ink is reasonably priced compared to some printers and my old one was so ancient that one ink cartridge cost more than the printer itself was worth. You may not need a laser printer just a good quality ink jet. Good Luck!