Peaks Georgia Peach

Deb

OMG...I love this FO! Mystical kept telling me how good it was, so I finally decided to try it yesterday. I have to say, it's the truest peach FO that I've ever poured. Once it hits the wax, the fragrance really explodes!

LMAO... Deb, you are funny as hell! :wink2:

The strange thing is how I discovered how great this oil is. I was on the hunt for a TRUE Peach scent. A PITA customer request. So I ordered at least 12 samples from 12 different suppliers. I am being conservative with my estimate here, as this was about 3 years ago. I tested every last one of them, with unfavorable results. Bummer.

Then I was going to throw some excess supplies in the classifieds and ran across my freebie sample box. There was the Peaks Georgia Peach. So put it into a few tarts. Unbelieveable scent! Strong, fresh and true. This scent is a keeper. I gave the customer a tart to test and she was in love.

So I guess the moral of the story would be this. Before you go spending tons of money looking for a great scent- check your Peaks freebies. Also, never judge a fragrance OOB. I have read here where people have not put this FO in wax and wanted to discard it. Trust me, it will be your loss as this is a fantabulous oil. It kicks major a$$ in soy.

I'm disappointed if this is the truest peach around. My dad has an exceptionally good nose and he didn't think it smelled very true either. It does smell good though and throws very nicely.

Top, with you this doesn't surprise me. :wink2:

What type of wax did you put it in? Send me his address- I'll send him a candle. This is a huge seller for me and some of my customers have very discriminating noses. In fact- with some of them, the glass is bone dry.

Scent perception can be very subjective. As noted~ exhibit A.

It was in votive wax. It might be true for people who don't often smell peaches, but we grow them in the back yard. It strikes me as much like many Peak oils. Pretty strong, nice smelling, not very dimensional. It would surprise me to run into a Peak fruit scent that's really notable for its trueness to the real thing. Doesn't make it a bad FO per se.

Kind of like Med Fig. I've climbed into trees to eat fresh figs. I have an ample supply in the fall. I've eaten dried figs. I've eaten the yellow figs and the dark figs. A lot of Med Fig FOs smell good but I've never opened an FO bottle and smelled a fig. There are many scents it seems to be hard for a perfumist to duplicate.

I'm not an expert, in any sense of the word, but this is the truest/closest to peach scent of any FO that I've tried. True, it is not a complex scent, but it's as close to what I was looking for as I could get. I used it in straight 1343, no additives, and I am sure it's going to be a hit. ( I don't think any of my customers are peach growers, so I should be ok!! LOL...)

I'll do a test burn with the J223 tomorrow and see how that goes.

I'm not an expert, in any sense of the word, but this is the truest/closest to peach scent of any FO that I've tried. True, it is not a complex scent, but it's as close to what I was looking for as I could get. I used it in straight 1343, no additives, and I am sure it's going to be a hit. ( I don't think any of my customers are peach growers, so I should be ok!! LOL...)
Like prairieannie says, it's peachy! :)

I do appreciate other people's opinions and feedback.

But let me give an interpretation in primitive form:

If I went and smelled a freshly picked lilac- and then everyone is this discussion smelled it- we all would pick different FO from different suppliers and say- this is what I think fresh lilac smells like. You get me? Good.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the FO one chooses isn't considered fresh lilac. The selection would only gauge personal experience and how we perceive a scent. Nowhere would it be found written as fact.

As I have said many times, scent perception is subjective. :wink2:

The person that helped me with my perfume formulation is a master perfumist.

What he thinks smells like Chloe Narcissus isn't even close to what I think does. It's off the market (can be found online), but I still have a few bottles of the original scent from Karl Lagerfield. Does this make me wrong? No, it makes me an individual with my own opinion. I own the original, but he swears up and down his duplication is dead on.

I'm with you Mystical...I think Peak's Georgia Peach is divine. I think it's as close to a natural peach as you can get. I've tried other peach scents and they smelled syrupy sweet and very artificial.

I'm with you Mystical...I think Peak's Georgia Peach is divine. I think it's as close to a natural peach as you can get. I've tried other peach scents and they smelled syrupy sweet and very artificial.

Rock on sista!! :highfive:

You know a peach is just a peach- and smells peachy. LMAO!!

Survey says........... NEXT!!

It must be my nose or my wax, but I finally got around to putting this one in wax this week and it is just the same as OOB to me. I smell a little peach but the dominant scent for me is something awful, almost like celery salt or something. It almost makes me feel sick. Wish it smelled good to me.

Janette