Green Leaf ParaSoy Blend Problems --Help

Well after reading a lot of reviews about the green leaf parasoy wax, I bought a case (I should have known better....but I wanted to make the most out of shipping and they never got around to sending me the free sample)....anyway, I was using ecosoy CB advance before and had no problems with frosting or glass adhesion but I wanted to try the green leaf to see if it would have a better throw. Every test I have tried, the jars are frosting and the wax has lines showing through the jars. I am pouring it at their recommended temp. of 175 and using 1 oz of FO per pound of wax. Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a bit left. Thanks

I have had good luck with heating to 195, adding color, stir it in, then remove from heat and immediately add FO. Stir for a couple of minutes, then pour into slightly pre-heated jars (not too hot, just enough to knock the chill off). I've checked the temp range just before pouring, and it was around 165-170. I've had no frosting problems at all.

The Greenleaf board does have a plethora of testing info, and Brenda is very helpful.

geek

Well after reading a lot of reviews about the green leaf parasoy wax, I bought a case (I should have known better....but I wanted to make the most out of shipping and they never got around to sending me the free sample)....anyway, I was using ecosoy CB advance before and had no problems with frosting or glass adhesion but I wanted to try the green leaf to see if it would have a better throw. Every test I have tried, the jars are frosting and the wax has lines showing through the jars. I am pouring it at their recommended temp. of 175 and using 1 oz of FO per pound of wax. Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a bit left. Thanks

Hi - sorry, I just saw this post. Please feel free to come over to our board and I will be more than willing to assist. I need to know approximately when you purchased the wax as I don't know who you are by board names. The date of the purchase tells me which batch I am dealing with.

We are still sending out samples. I don't know when you requested yours. However, we are almost complete with this. Out of 1000+ requests - we have about 30 to go (we just sent out another round on Thursday or Friday). Anyway, just come on over and we will get you going so you can have good comparative results. Many, many people are having really good success with the 70/30.

Thanks

Hi Smellywax - I have answered some of your posts over there. Please know that we have addressed the batch issues with the manufacturer. All wax manufacturers have a range of specs for their wax and each batch made can vary slightly because it is a "range" that a wax processor can have it fall in to meet specifications. Our manufacturer has narrowed their range and addressed these, and other items, with their wax processor and we feel very confident that the issues we saw are being properly handled and that the wax will be much more consistent going forward.

By reading our posts, you will see that we never walked away from any issue with the wax and have assisted everyone until they were taken care of and satisfied. Our manufacturer works closely with us, monitors this board and ours, to make sure that things are performing within specs. You, and all of our customers, will always be very well supported with any of our products.

We look forward to assisting you and gaining your confidence.

Thanks

Even with 100% soy waxes, they can vary from batch to batch due to the fact that the crops of soy beans, how it is harvested etc. can vary. That is why you should always test each batch of wax you get or at least spot check and do quality assurance tests. It's just the nature of the beast when working with natural waxes. I would think this would still hold true even with a wax blend.

BTW - Brenda is known for great CS and products. Don't worry, she'll help you get this all worked out. ;)

Are you using liquid dyes? Using a lot of dye? Try a couple with your SAME formula but eliminate the dye, then another and eliminate the FO but not the dye. Be sure to recreate the pouring temps and environment as much as possible. Try to eliminate as many variables in testing as possible to narrow it down. Its got to be something.

You're eco advanced has good glass adhesion? Mine (Ver. 1) performed as it was advertised - seperated evenly after a couple days.

HTH