Crackled and Rustic Layered Pillars

Gorgeous, Jo! Especially the rustic. PLEASE come and show me how you do your tilted layers! I've been pulling my hair out of my head for over a month now, and simply CANNOT get my tilted layers to look the way yours do on your purple one. I can get them to work if they're going in the same direction... but once I try and be creative, and tilt them this way and that... I end up with a mess! :rolleyes2 :o

Quick, come now! It's only 10 thousand or so miles from Sydney to Philly! :cheesy2:

Gorgeous, Jo! Especially the rustic. PLEASE come and show me how you do your tilted layers! I've been pulling my hair out of my head for over a month now, and simply CANNOT get my tilted layers to look the way yours do on your purple one. I can get them to work if they're going in the same direction... but once I try and be creative, and tilt them this way and that... I end up with a mess! :rolleyes2 :o

Quick, come now! It's only 10 thousand or so miles from Sydney to Philly! :cheesy2:

I'd love to pop over to Philly for a visit and show you how Jaye, however, until I've saved up for the fare you shall have to be content with this message. I've found if I pop my moulds into a milk carton cut down to size it makes it easier to turn the mould when I want to change the angle of the layer. If I don't do this, I end up with a messy candle too. BTW, I do have my fair share of failures too. ;)

I'd love to pop over to Philly for a visit and show you how Jaye, however, until I've saved up for the fare you shall have to be content with this message. I've found if I pop my moulds into a milk carton cut down to size it makes it easier to turn the mould when I want to change the angle of the layer. If I don't do this, I end up with a messy candle too. BTW, I do have my fair share of failures too. ;)

Thanks for the tip, Jo! I'll try that with the next one. When I'm in a nice, calm, serene and patient mood! ;)

And the invite to Philly stands! Bring Mozzie with you! :cheesy2:

How do you make your candles crackled?

They look so nice.

Lara :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Thanks Lara. If you do a search in the General Candle Making Discussions area, you will find some instructions from Donita. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll help you out. Cheers,