Same song 1284th verse

You know the verse:

Someone just started making candles,

Now they are selling them to folks.

Hope their poor ole' customers

Don't end up with a house full of coals.

Actually this person asked me for my website because they wanted "to use it to get ideas on how to make candles and start a business." After I picked my dang jaw up off the ground, I gave the whole mantra about testing and you need to give yourself adequate time to let that process happen, blah blah blah. I also said that I had worked very hard on my site and my business and did not really appreciate people saying they were basically piggybacking off of me. At that time this person told me they were thinking about making them and had not even ordered supplies. They looked at me like I had three heads when I talked about testing. Three weeks later someone saw them at a fair selling them. Shocking? Yeah, not so much. I am sure three week was more than enough time to buy supplies and adequately test 23 different scents that they had sitting out there, find insurance, get a tax permit and all that good stuff. Yeah, that is called sarcasm. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

So, this person gave a friend one of their candles. My friend said it truly did make her nauseous and gave it to me so I could see it. I can honestly say I have never seen this. It is obviously soy (VERY soft, lots of frosting and has the soy wax feel). It had been poured in a paper muffin cup and wicked, but the cup was removed. Is it a tart? Is it a candle? Maybe we can call it a tartdle? I lit it and it has been burning for three hours (on a plate in my kitchen sink with a fire extinguisher near by) and is burning a dime size hole down the middle. No, never mind, I just looked and it went out. I just have to shake my head.

So, this person gave a friend one of their candles. My friend said it truly did make her nauseous and gave it to me so I could see it. I can honestly say I have never seen this. It is obviously soy (VERY soft, lots of frosting and has the soy wax feel). It had been poured in a paper muffin cup and wicked, but the cup was removed. Is it a tart? Is it a candle? Maybe we can call it a tartdle? I lit it and it has been burning for three hours (on a plate in my kitchen sink with a fire extinguisher near by) and is burning a dime size hole down the middle. No, never mind, I just looked and it went out. I just have to shake my head.

LOL!! :laugh2:Love the "tartdle!"

And that is exactly why some people wont buy a " homemade" candle. When they buy one that is so much worse than a dollar store brand it completely turns them off to the idea of homemade. Which is why peeps get slammed here when they start selling after making candles for a couple of weeks.

So what happened when you relit it?

Yep, cause you know I had to try and relight that sucker. :P It stayed lit for just shy of an hour, albeit a very small flame. The top of tartdle had three different cracks that did not go all the way through the tartdle. (Yes, I want to use the word tartdle as many times as I can.) Then, there was some type of hole at the bottom of the tartdle. I think it was an air pocket around the wick tab. The tab was not set like a votive, it was just kind of smashed down in there. So when the wick burned down the middle of the tartdle all the wax went out the bottom of the tardle and all over the plate.

I wish I could describe the scent to you. Not sure what it was supposed to be, but it was kind of like pink sugar meets dirt meets rotting meat. Just don't know what you would call that one.

Now I am off to trademark the word tartdle. ;)

I wish I could describe the scent to you. Not sure what it was supposed to be, but it was kind of like pink sugar meets dirt meets rotting meat. Just don't know what you would call that one.

Now I am off to trademark the word tartdle. ;)

Carnival animal ride? LOL!

And that is exactly why some people wont buy a " homemade" candle. When they buy one that is so much worse than a dollar store brand it completely turns them off to the idea of homemade. Which is why peeps get slammed here when they start selling after making candles for a couple of weeks.

Yet these people that think its just fine to start selling 1 week after they started making candles, AND the people who come to their defense, just don't get it. They think we're mean and nasty. :rolleyes2

Yet these people that think its just fine to start selling 1 week after they started making candles, AND the people who come to their defense, just don't get it. They think we're mean and nasty. :rolleyes2

No kidding. That is an understatement! LOL They just don't get that a quality candle just doesn't happen on its own.:rolleyes2

I wish I had a dollar for every wannabe that asks me how to start making candles, where I get my wax, and how do I make them smell good. No kidding, I had a woman ask me last week how they all get the pretty colors, is it from different waxes?

OMG, lady don't quit your day job.