jar ... container...low profile

i have been searching everywhere for a low sided jar/container for lotions, butters, scrubs etc... I have 1 that i got but i cant remember where she got them. They are more flat and round not high sided. about the size of your hand....IMO easily portable rather then a cluncky 8oz jar that I have.

I spent one day lately going back and forth between www.gotbottles.com and www.containersandpackaging.com

After I had talked to both, I finally figured out they are sister companies. the gotbottles has free shipping, but are sometimes are higher. Some things have a high minimum. But I happen to be looking at a large bulk, but super cheap. I am waiting on samples to see if their stuff compares to what I have been getting.

The other one I found that has a huge variety is www.qosmedix.com. The site is hard to navigate, I think, but they have some incredible buys.

I have no idea about customer service at any of these, haven't gotten that far.

The 4 oz Silgan jars are $0.3325 each at BayouSome.com. If you purchase 2 cases, they are $0.329 each. 3 Cases would come to $0.325 each.

Look on our "Specials" page.

Bill Griffith

http://www.BayouSome.com

www.freundcontainer.com

They can get them for you from Siligan or Alpha & if you buy a case they are pretty inexpensive. I pay:

4oz - 35¢

8oz - 42¢

12oz - 44¢

each for mine in case quantities.

The one BIG problem I have with some of these places is I don't want to order 50 of something. That's why I like Elements or even Kangaroo Blue because maybe I just want 3 of them. I'd rather pay a little more for convenience than to have to order 50 of something. To me, that's not a good deal or a supplier that I want to deal with

The problem with this is that over time, you get eaten up with shipping charges. Projecting your container requirements beyond one or two weeks, and purchasing in larger quantities, will not only save you money on the product, but the savings on shipping will add up very quickly. If you are only a hobbiest, then you can get away with small purchases, but if you need to cut costs to make money, then volume buying is esential.

Please do not take this the wrong way. Elements, and KB are great companies, and many of you use them. I am just saying that to purchase 100 containers in quantities of 5, you will most likely pay shipping 15 times higher than if you purchase them all in one lot.

Bill Griffith

The one BIG problem I have with some of these places is I don't want to order 50 of something. That's why I like Elements or even Kangaroo Blue because maybe I just want 3 of them. I'd rather pay a little more for convenience than to have to order 50 of something. To me, that's not a good deal or a supplier that I want to deal with

Bill,

From a business standpoint, I certainly agree with you and do purchase stock containers in bulk. However, any time that I am considering something new, I prefer to order a few to test labels, compatibility, capacity, etc. so I do like the option of purchasing small sample quantities for this purpose. If the particular item is one carried by these suppliers AND you, then great, I would order a few from the other supplier to try out. But, if the item is something unique to you or any supplier with larger quantities as a minimum, then 99% of the time, I would never give it a chance. This is just my take on why small quantities aren't necessarily a bad thing for those in business. I'm sure there are other reasons, but this is most important to me.

You all have raised some very good points. We do allow samples upon request, and often toss them into an existing order.

You have started me to thinking and this is a dangerous thing. Perhaps I should offer a sample pack on jars and bottles where the price is over $15.00 per 50. Maybe a 5 or 6 pack would work. I will have to run this past my boss and see what she thinks.

Bill Griffith

Bill,

From a business standpoint, I certainly agree with you and do purchase stock containers in bulk. However, any time that I am considering something new, I prefer to order a few to test labels, compatibility, capacity, etc. so I do like the option of purchasing small sample quantities for this purpose. If the particular item is one carried by these suppliers AND you, then great, I would order a few from the other supplier to try out. But, if the item is something unique to you or any supplier with larger quantities as a minimum, then 99% of the time, I would never give it a chance. This is just my take on why small quantities aren't necessarily a bad thing for those in business. I'm sure there are other reasons, but this is most important to me.

I am frustrated with companies that don't allow me to sample, or who charge what I consider too much. What I don't mind is:

-being asked to pay the shipping if it is a free-standing ourder

-having the cost of samples deducted if I actually buy the product

-paying a nominal fee, especially if I am a new customer.

MMS is nice (though they're far from you) because you can get a packet of 10 to try out. As for the packets of 50 at BayouSome, they do have dimensional drawings (MMS does not provide any measurements) so that you know what exactly to expect. For example, will your existing label fit on their container.

I am frustrated with companies that don't allow me to sample, or who charge what I consider too much. What I don't mind is:

-being asked to pay the shipping if it is a free-standing ourder

-having the cost of samples deducted if I actually buy the product

-paying a nominal fee, especially if I am a new customer.

I understand why some companies charge shipping for samples--because we all know how some people will abuse a sample policy, and charging shipping helps cut down on that, but I resent companies that charge a "handling" fee for samples because they say "we have to open a carton, and that drives our costs up."

I also don't like the "we reimburse you on your first order." One company I spoke to charge a $10 handling fee in addition to shipping. What if I don't happen to like the samples I ordered? That's $10 + down the drain.

It is fair to expect to pay for a sample plus ACTUAL shipping charges, but it is certainly appreciated when a company will comp a sample. I have certainly bought plenty of sample containers, but I've also bought an abundance of containers that I didn't purchase samples for. I've regretted one or two purchases that I made without samples!

Bill, it is nice to see you taking notice of our concerns here, and offering solutions.

You all have raised some very good points. We do allow samples upon request, and often toss them into an existing order.

You have started me to thinking and this is a dangerous thing. Perhaps I should offer a sample pack on jars and bottles where the price is over $15.00 per 50. Maybe a 5 or 6 pack would work. I will have to run this past my boss and see what she thinks.

Bill Griffith

EXCELLENT idea!!!!