Bunny's Melts and Silky Suds....

Well, I ordered the ingredients for these 2 recipes and made them. Wow they were both so easy. I have handed the bath powder out for trials and waiting for results. I did try them in the sink...couldn't wait. They sure were soft. I also tried the melts in the sink. I will agree with what recipe said they are oily. I like them, but we will have to see what testers say. I ordered the wrong cocoa butter (didn't read further down until after I ordered). So I added Warm Vanilla Sugar to the mix. You can't really smell it, it's mostly cocoa butter smell. I will know next time. I added pics for you to see. I think I will call the Silky Suds...Silky Milk Bath if that is ok with the creator.

post-761-139458401399_thumb.jpg

post-761-139458401403_thumb.jpg

Those look great. I made a whole bunch of those melts once and the testers loved them; so I took them a craft show. Well, I was out in the open sun that day and it was like 90 degress and they all melted...LOL. I am going to make more, but the next craft show I go to; these babies are going into a cooler or something! Yours look really fantastic, btw!

Okay, now I have tested these myself. The melts are oily as they stated in post. I am not sure if customers will like these. I have sent them to my moms work. The women there are great testers. I forgot that a soaper once told me that it is hard to use vanilla in B & B products they turn brown and some of my melts had a brown circle at the top later in the day.

The silky suds didn't turn out like I thought they would. I did not smell them enough(needed to add more FO). They also did not seem to do anything to the water. When I tried them in the sink it was sikly feeling. Did I do something wrong? Back to the mixing bowl, lol.

Those look great.

For the silky suds, the slsa and the citric acid make the bubbles. I want to try them, but need some extra cash to order the slsa, LOL!!!

You can use either cocoa butter (natural or deodorized). The natural just has the cocoa smell. With the deodorized, you can scent them however you like!

HTH,

Steph

Okay. I have thought about this and I think I know why I have no bubbles. When I ordered the ingredients I got them from WSP. I did not see SLSA, they had Sodium Sesquicarbonate..it stated that it was used in bath powders, etc. So I assumed it was the same thing, I bet it isn't. I will have to order some SLSA from another supplier. Anyone that wants to chime in on this problem would be helpful...Thanks

Okay. I have thought about this and I think I know why I have no bubbles. When I ordered the ingredients I got them from WSP. I did not see SLSA, they had Sodium Sesquicarbonate..it stated that it was used in bath powders, etc. So I assumed it was the same thing, I bet it isn't. I will have to order some SLSA from another supplier. Anyone that wants to chime in on this problem would be helpful...Thanks

WSP does carry it, but by the same name as the manufacturer. Lanthanol LAL powder.. There's a few places that carry it under that name.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=4835&ProductName=Lathanol+LAL+Powder+(SLSa)

Okay, now I have tested these myself. The melts are oily as they stated in post. I am not sure if customers will like these. I have sent them to my moms work. The women there are great testers. I forgot that a soaper once told me that it is hard to use vanilla in B & B products they turn brown and some of my melts had a brown circle at the top later in the day.

The silky suds didn't turn out like I thought they would. I did not smell them enough(needed to add more FO). They also did not seem to do anything to the water. When I tried them in the sink it was sikly feeling. Did I do something wrong? Back to the mixing bowl, lol.

Remember, customers will be using them in a full bath tub which hold a lot more water than your sink, the real test for the melts is in the tub so you can get a true water to butter ratio, I don't think you will think they are as oily in the tub

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Amy!! :wave: Just realized who the poster was-LOL So your venturing into the B&B world. LOOK OUT its so ADDICTING. I love my candles BUT B&B is my FAV :yes: !!!!

The melts look wonderful!! I agree that the more water used the less oily the melts will feel.

What's the update on the Silky Suds, did you get your SLSa? The Chemistry Store sells it too! Make sure to wear a mask as this ingredient is VERY irritating to your nose (for hours, ask me how I know).

My SSuds really don't have a smell to them either, but I don't add alot of scent. That's why I sell tealights with them in the same scent -LOL

Don't count those melts out just yet...I kind of thought they'd be too greasy for people to like, even if I liked it myself. But I honestly can't keep them in stock- people LOVE them. I make mine with unrefined cocoa butter and FO's. I've only had one scent turn on me and that was pink sugar.

The silky suds came out great for me. Maybe you just didn't add enough to your tub to do anything?

Those look great.

For the silky suds, the slsa and the citric acid make the bubbles. I want to try them, but need some extra cash to order the slsa, LOL!!!

You can use either cocoa butter (natural or deodorized). The natural just has the cocoa smell. With the deodorized, you can scent them however you like!

HTH,

Steph

I'm new to all of this and doing the research while I wait for the postie to bring my supplies. Can anyone tell me what SLSA is? Also i'm in Australia which may not have it so is there a sub for it. I got caught trying to buy cornstarch which i was told later is actually cornflour in australia. But would love to try to make all these things. They look great.

I have been making bath melts for a very long time (Not Bunnys) and they are my most popular seller, even over soap. I have people order them by the dozens. I did try bunnys ssuds and i really like it. It was very silky and i had loads of bubbles. I got my slsa from mms. My testers have it now and so far they really like it too. Thanks.