JS Fantasia de Cioccolata

itsmejeffd

Jeff,

She is really getting in some awesome oils. Becky told me she is adding lots of essential oils to many of her new fragrances. I have had great success with all of them---let us know how these do for ya. What wax do you use?

I got a sample of this one as well and wasn't overly impressed OOB. Hopefully it does better in whatever I end up using it for. I can't smell the chocolate too much but there is an undertone. Maybe because it smells kind of berryish and I'm overdosed on those scents lately. Let me know how it turns out in the finished product!

OK, the Fantasia de Cioccolata in wax (Comfort Blend) smells completely different. :cry2: I'm not too sure what it smells like yet but I definitely don't smell the berries and chocolate like I did OOB. I'll post another review once I've burned it for a bit. It's had 5 days to cure so I'll probably start burning it tonight. Wish me luck!

I've been burning the Fantasia de Cioccolata from JS for a few days now. This oil smells so incredible OOB that I keep sniffing the empty sample bottle. Since I put it in wax, let it cure and burned it, I can now smell some of the berries that I smell OOB but none of the chocolate. I'm not too sure how to describe it. It's not a bad throwing oil but it's not extremely strong either. This test has been in Comfort Blend and I use JS oils almost exclusively. This is the first oil that has transformed this drastically.

If anyone else has any experience with this oil, please post your results.

As a matter of fact, Becky and I were talking today and she was saying how that particular oil is light in wax but awesome in b&b. She has a lot of ones like that...like Cherish...to me it's a great scent but too light for candles...now put it in b&b and it absolutely blossoms. Like her lemon magnolia...it's a great thrower in wax but I think in hp soap, scrub & body butter it just comes to life. Her waterlily melon is very light in wax but made the best soap ever. I have tons of Becky's oils and if they don't work for candles and are body safe I do b&b and if not then I make incense or car fresheners or linen sprays or sachet bags. There's never a wasted scent.

The actual BBW scent is not really a heavy chocolate smell either, in my opinion. It is more berries with a light milk chocolate in the bottom part of the oil. I'm really diggin' this oil. I use pure soy and let it cure 4-5 days. It is really pleasant. Not a heavy scent but it is does linger and scent up a medium room. I can't wait to get this in a sugar scrub! I don't think it is supposed to be a really strong scent. I'm very happy with this one.

As a matter of fact, Becky and I were talking today and she was saying how that particular oil is light in wax but awesome in b&b.

See, I wish she would put that on her site. Instead it says: This is a fabulous oil! Excellent in soy and it is bath and body safe! A wonderful confection for your candles and bath and body products!

I use some suppliers that will actually say some of their oils are light in soy; or great as a mixer but not a stand alone; or awesome in B&B and so-so in wax; or awesome in para but light in soy. I really appreciate that from them; it helps me narrow down which ones I want to even test and saves me time and money.