Advertising

I'm getting ready to launch a website, hopefully by month end, so I have plans to really step up my advertising, too. Vista Print is a good source for quality products at a reasonable price!! I recently ordered postcards and business cards from them on an introductory special. They cost me nearly nothing. The postcards will introduce my website and offer a free gift with the customer's first online purchase if they mention the postcard when they place their order. I plan to distribute the postcards at work and mail them to everyone on my customer mailing list, as well as to friends and family. My new business cards now contain my website addy. I plan to pass them out to anyone and everyone. You can leave them on tables of restaurants after your dinner, give a few to your beautician or anyone else you do business with. I've asked my family to hand them out to their co-workers as well. Since I don't have a lot of money to spend on advertising at this time, these are two inexpensive ways I found to get started.

I am having problems advertising too. I am going to be making business cards with only my websiste on them and leave them all over the place (someone gave me this idea in a different thread). I also try to advertise though my MySpace account.

I am also dabbling with the idea of getting pens with my url on them. Perhaps sneak them onto everyone's desk at work LOL!! Also, have friends and family give the pens away. I am still thinking about this one though.

I also try to advertise though my MySpace account.

Any luck with this? A friend of mine suggested I do this. But maybe I wasn't looking at it right, as it seemed more like a place where you put up a personal profile of yourself. I didn't see a place where you could advertise your business info.

Yeah you put up personal info for yourself, but I have found that the friends that I add on there, tend to tell other friends on thier list about my products. I also can send out a bulletin to everyone on my friends list advertising specials and what not. Check out my myspace account in the link in my signature, and if you sign up feel free to add me as a friend. There is also a group in my space just for candletechers. There is a link to it on my profile, feel free to join that also!

Alot of people on my friends list are from CT but some are from high school, and some are just people that were looking at my website from looking at my profile. the more friends you add, it seems, the more exposure you can get.

Please note, however, that it does take some time for your profile to be circulated thorugh my space. I joined several months ago, and just recently started getting inquiries about my products, I got one sale, but it was from a girl I was friends with in high school. She spent about $50 though.