Monoi Madness

Sherie

So, I decided to make a batch of soap, a new recipe mind you, with some Monoi. Didn't even think about the water discount I took when I measured my water for the lye. Got everyhing ready and then thought to myself (which I shouldn't do very often) what if I loose my beautiful scent during saponification. So, my brain tells me to use my Taire Blossom FO from OT, which I did. Here is the result of super accelerated trace or a very near soap on a stick:

FloppedMonoi.jpg

After having a complete caniiption (which Scented can vouch for) and a few margi's later, I decided to whip out the ever loving salad shooter and rebatch it. I told myself (remember, I shouldn't do this often) that I couldn't make it any worse. I had tried the micro method and it dried out my soap and made it look like doggie do so I wanted to try the oven method. Okay, into the oven she went. I waited, waited and waited some more. Finely it was melted and I added some heavy cream (which I needed to use up). I stirred and stirred but still wasn't happy with the consistancy. I let it go some more in the oven. Finally at 5:30 in the morning I said enough is enough. I pulled out the hand mixer and beat the living dog out this batch (sometimes aggression works in your favor) but I'm not sure it did this time.....this is the end result of my 2nd attempt at rebatch:

RebatchedMonoi.jpg

In the end, I have a nice creamy, white bar that does have the lovely scent of Monoi but with a rustic appeal, LMAO. Okay Julie, this ones for your chic!!!!!!

Oh I'll vouch for the fit lol!

Thanks for posting that, but you forgot to mention you forgot the separation things ;) Now personally, I don't see why you couldn't have trimmed those first ones up and used 'em ... but those creamy white ones look enticing! So it became a whipped soap right?

Well, it got whipped like the dog it was acting like, lol. There is a "whipped" soap but that's a totally different animal. Mind didn't seperate it just started getting solid really fast. Then, I forgot the darn dividers and when I tried to stuff them in, the soap started splitting. They maybe what your thinking of, lol.

I think that is a great rebatch. I am with Julie, maybe the first ones could have been saved, it was such a pretty swirl. But I like those white bars too. So, how is it smelling after the rebatch, did it hold the scent?