Snowtop Reviews, Please!

Ok, I am looking to try out their Lemon Gum Drop on CB's recommendation, so figured I'd try a few samples, and maybe some for next fall, while I'm at it. (I can't go a few weeks w/ out trying a new oil...anyone start a rehab program yet??)

Can anyone give me any reviews on the following: (BTW, I use 50/50)

Northern Red Currant (how does it compare to JS's Captivatingly Currant?)

Peanut Butter Cookie

Mulled Cider (Used BCN's a few yrs. ago, and I thought it was gross!)

Key Lime Pie

Country Grove (How Orange-y IS this, just a touch, or is it a major element?)

Thanks everyone!! :cheesy2:

The Northern Red Currant is fabulous! I have a samle of JS's that you mentioned- but have never put it in wax so I can't compare the two that way, but OOB I like Snowtop's is better.

The Mulled Cider continues to be one of my all time favorites. Never smelled BCN's but LOVE the one from Snowtop.

Key Lime Pie is wonderful- awesome thrower for me in soy and paraffin.

I haven't used the others on your list- but if you want a recommendation on anymore I absolutely love their cinnamon buns and their green apple is the most true apple FO I have EVER smelled.

Key Lime Pie is amazing!! Super whole-house filler and absolutely fantastic.

Red Currant is different than JS Cap. Currant. It's not as tart for me or something. Not really sure how to describe it. It's not my fav, but I think it's a unique scent.

Honey Gardenia is also fabulous. Super strong throw and a unique take on a regular gardenia.

If you get the Country Grove, I'd love to know how it smells. This sounds like a great one for fall.

May I ask what 50/50 wax you're using? Is it your own blend or a suppliers? :)

Hi Angela, I use a pre-blend 50/50 from C&S, it is their "house" blend (actually, it is manufactured here in PA.)

We really like it. It makes a great looking jar, smooth tops, no repour, great throw! (with the right oils, of course!;) )

BTW, thanks to all of you for the reviews so far, would love to hear more!

Angela, I prob. will order that Country Grove, it does sound nice...

I won't be pouring for awhile though, I'm having surgery in 2 days, I like the idea of new oils waiting for me to recover!:cool2: But, I will post my reviews when I do get them into wax!!

Hi Angela, I use a pre-blend 50/50 from C&S, it is their "house" blend (actually, it is manufactured here in PA.)

We really like it. It makes a great looking jar, smooth tops, no repour, great throw! (with the right oils, of course!;) )

BTW, thanks to all of you for the reviews so far, would love to hear more!

Angela, I prob. will order that Country Grove, it does sound nice...

I won't be pouring for awhile though, I'm having surgery in 2 days, I like the idea of new oils waiting for me to recover!:cool2: But, I will post my reviews when I do get them into wax!!

Grrr, now I know of another wax I might need to test, lol. I'm testing the 50/50 from JS and the 70/30 from GL and the Ecosoya 135. C&S is not too far from me and I used to order wax from there until they got all crazy with the price for J50, lol. Now, I might just order a slab to try. Thanks! :)

Angela, We used to blend this with J223, till I got disgusted w/ that whole mess, and decided to use it straight. We actually like the throw we get better using it alone, and you can't beat it for ease of use...the price HAS gone up since we started buying it, but it still isn't too bad...:cheesy2:

soshiegirl,

Is that Key Lime Pie sorta that fuel smell we all want away from.Like the citrus ones.

LynnS

Not at all. I get no fuel smell with this one. It is so delicious. If you want, I can send you a sniffie. Just let me know!

Cheers,

Missy

I like the Mulled Cider and I use Snowtop's 100% soy wax and it throws AWESOME. I didn't care for the Peanut Butter Cookies.

I agree, Raspeberry Dream is AMAZING.

Baked Apples is my Best Seller, try that yet? I haven't tried the others yet

Peanut butter cookies is to die for! Love this one

Rasp. Dreams is another keeper for sure

Caramel Nut Cluster is the best candy type scent--love it.

Key lime pie, yet another awesome scent!! Never any fuel and a house filler

Cranberry Orange Spice--delicious and strong!

Country Grove--not my favorite, I detect an odd note, but could just be me.

Vanilla Bliss--WOW strong throw!

Smores--wonderful, not as strong in our soy as the others, but the best version I have found

Hmmmm...Wow, Creative, now ya got me thinking about that Vanilla Bliss...I already have a French Vanilla that we love, but a great Vanilla is hard to pass up..KWIM???:drool:

Decisions, Decisions...:rolleyes2

Kim, believe it or not. we didn't sell a lot of baked Apple anything, Pie or otherwise, I tried it in tarts, it IS a very nice scent...we actually do better w/ Apple Cider, so I am interested in the sound of that Mulled Cider... I re-read BCN's Mulled Cider Description, and now I remember what was gross (IMO) about it: Orange rind...ewwww...I don't do well w/ orange notes....

Angie said their version is more like apple cider, have to try!

You guys are giving me great reviews, thanks a bunch...(fingers itching to hit that Snowtop site now...!):highfive: