Iso...

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that vitamin E and Shea butter are natural sun protectors. ?
I've read this too, though I don't know if the amount of protection is significant or not. Haven't been able to find too much info on this other than their being natural sun protectors.

I have read that Shea is a natural protector also, but I believe I read that it was a low level protector. I'd love to find something to make or better yet something Ashlie could make and I could buy. I'm going broke buying sunscreen to cover the twins at my older daughters soccer games and summer isn't even here yet.

Even if you don't sell it, if you don't get it tested you'll never know if your formulation has any protection. One ingredient you put in may mess up the whole batch making the ingredients that offer SPF protection weaker, and you might even do more damage than good. Very tricky stuff.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=bathandbody;action=display;num=1120351945;start=3#3

I have this link saved from the old board, the second reply has some interesting info, I haven't tried anything, so I can't give you any firsthand advice. I really want to put some TD in lotion for my mom and I and see how it goes...but it's so far down on the list that it will never get done.