luffa soap

..... or do you wet it before pouring? Dumb ?, I know! Reason I ask is because I had someone tell me you have to wet them 1st. I never have.

If you wet it first, won't you trap water into the soap? I'd worry about the soap going gooey...

You wet them first then squeeze the heck out of them as to get all the water out of them. They are much easier to work with, but if you buy them whole and cut them yourself don't wet until after you cut them

Today I made 30 loofahs, I make them similar to yours but I add pumice, oats and poppy seeds to mine for extra exfolitation, and mango butter for xtra moisturizing, its funny I was going to post the new ones I made today then saw yours. The new one is my own orange, tea tree and lavender blend, they smell awesome. I might post them later, I put some of the other fragrances up last year.

These are a very hot seller for me, I am taking a couple 100 of them to my next show, I will probably still run out, they sell for $7 but I run a show special 3/$15.

Yours are very pretty, nice bright colors!

Edited to add: What do you use for a mold?

I pour mine whole & cut later, I never thought of wetting the luffa first.

Wickerbeal, that is how I used to do mine, I would wet my loofah, shove into pvc pipe and then pour my soap.

Now, because I hate cutting thru all the additives, I cut my loofah and wet, pour a capper into individual molds add the loofah, then pour my soap and top off each soap with more additives.

Both ways work, the wet loofah just makes it not so hard to cut through

You wet them first then squeeze the heck out of them as to get all the water out of them. They are much easier to work with, but if you buy them whole and cut them yourself don't wet until after you cut them

Today I made 30 loofahs, I make them similar to yours but I add pumice, oats and poppy seeds to mine for extra exfolitation, and mango butter for xtra moisturizing, its funny I was going to post the new ones I made today then saw yours. The new one is my own orange, tea tree and lavender blend, they smell awesome. I might post them later, I put some of the other fragrances up last year.

These are a very hot seller for me, I am taking a couple 100 of them to my next show, I will probably still run out, they sell for $7 but I run a show special 3/$15.

Yours are very pretty, nice bright colors!

Edited to add: What do you use for a mold?

Thanks for the advice! ;)

• 2 months later...
It's melt & pour soap poured over a luffa sponge, I use a Pringle Potato chip can for the mold. We had to eat a lot of chips.

Jennie, do you put the luffa in whole and then slice? Don't you get rough ends then?

I got two at the grocery store - about 2.5 feet long for $2.50

Now, because I hate cutting thru all the additives, I cut my loofah and wet, pour a capper into individual molds add the loofah, then pour my soap and top off each soap with more additives.

What's a capper and where do you get your individual molds?

Your loofas look beautiful.