Highest Priced Fragrance Oils

CandleCouture

Just curious. Kind of a neat thread here. Post about the most expensive fragrance oils you have found, and whether or not you tried them.

I'm a relative newbie and have found the WYW oils to be the most expensive I've found. Ordered some 4oz bottles which should be here next week.

WYW oils have a great reputation and I've never heard a bad review on any one of them. Also, with these oils, you can get away with using a smaller amount. I've never put any in wax but have soaped the Lemongrass and Star Anise. It soaped wonderfully, no adverse reactions and it holds its scent well. Which ones did you get?

I was searching for a couple of dupes and Sweetcakes had them both...I've never heard a bad review on their oils so I thought I would check them out...eeks! $24-$30/lb I'm sure they're wonderful, but out of my price range! LOL

With the exception of WYW oils, I don't pay over $18 pp for oils. They may be great, but my budget does not allow for it. With WYW, I can use less oil so the cost evens out, but there are too many other great oils out there for around $15 pp.

My sister and one of my aunts favorite perfume is Frances Denney "Interlude" which went out of production some time ago. They both had a birthday coming up so I went on a search for a dupe. Found one in a place in California, called them to find out if was body and candle safe and ordered a lb. It was $45.00 and with shipping it was a cool $65.00 COD:shocked2: Ordinarily I would never ever pay that kind of price for fo but in this case it was a good investment because that oil is a dead on dupe and is knock you down and throw you out the door strong.

I agree, however, quality and cost of raw materials is not verifiable in any way, so, I could, technically, be charging that amount of money, with very poor product, and you could never verify whether the cost of my raw materials was higher or not (until of course, you used it and saw that it was a low quality product).

Actually, you can verify these things quite easily. Well, as someone involved in manufacturing I can, but someone who is an end user of the product might have a harder time at that, but it can be done.

Have you EVER REALLY wanted a certain thing really...really bad? Well I REALLY....REALLY wanted the fragrance Fried Green Tomatoes and the "only" place I could find it was at cinnsom.com and I paid DEARLY....8 oz for $28.00 PLUS $6.00 for shipping $34.00 :shocked2::eek: . OF COURSE after the fact I found it for $15.95 pp at waxnscents. I have to say the only people who get a candle made with the 8 oz bottle is myself and one of my sister-in-laws and ONLY in a votive :) A local shop here sells that candle and we fell in love with it as its SO different..! Call me crazy :rolleyes2 :D

Beverly

What does WYW stand for not sure who you talking about?

WYW = Wick Your Wax. These are available at Bittercreek North. They are twice as expensive as most regular Fos, but you only need half as much, so the cost evens out. I can use about .5 oz pp in my wax and get a great throw. :)

The most expensive oils I buy are from SC. SW runs a little high, but they're worth it, as are most of SC's, IMO. I guess I don't think of the WYW as expensive, because if you cut the cost in half, because I use half as much, it evens out to the normal cost of ~$15 pp. With SC I still have to use 1 oz pp of most of their oils, so it ends up being a good deal more.