"Snowballs" balloon flower orbs

Donita

I just finished another batch of tiny balloon orb hurricanes. I try to make a dozen at a time. I have a 3 1/2" circle cut out in a piece of cardboard to help keep these a similar size. I put the filled water balloon in the circle and let out the water if necessary so it fits in the hole. They are sooooooooo cute....baby orbs! I used some white beeswax in my overdip and it is adhering very well and not at all opaque. I may add a little more beeswax and see how it works.Donita

post-248-13945839864_thumb.jpg

Hi Queen Donita! :bow:

What made you decide to overdip these w/ bw? The primary wax is the high mp stuff, right? What's the advantage of using bw instead of your primary wax? Since you are using bw, does the orb have a slight honey smell or does that go away when they "bleach" it?

I'm not going to tell you how beautiful your orbs are. I figure if you've heard it once you've heard it a million times! :P:wink2:

Hey Mtngrl.....they only have a little of the bleached beeswax in the 4045EP overdip wax. The hight melt point is 5055 but I like the 4045EP for overdipping. It seems to adhere better. The 4045H is very clear but I am back to the 4045EP.....by adding a little beeswax, it makes the wax a little more "sticky" and helps with adhesion. It makes a nice coat of wax and I only have to dip it once. The 4045EP wax is very shiny and the beeswax doesn't cloud it. The honey smell isn't there.....now, the beeswax orbs that I made are 100% beeswax have the honey smell.......the overdip is the best....it really STICKS....and you can still see through it. Who knew? I have never overdipped in 100% beeswax so I didn't know. Now, I know 10 things in life....only 1,000,000,000 more to go....lol....hope you are having a nice day........Donita