My 2nd & 3rd Marbles.

Not sure what happened with the picture. Shows greenish color on the top left of the oblique that doesn't exist on the candle.

Could just be the way the light reflects off it at an angle. As long as it isn't in the actual candle .... ;)

I'm totally diggin' how your marbles are coming out. If I could get mine to look more like that I'd make marbles all day long. Whatever you're doing, you have a GREAT technique!

However, what's going on w/ the bottoms (esp w/ the green on the right)?

Could just be the way the light reflects off it at an angle. As long as it isn't in the actual candle .... ;)

I'm totally diggin' how your marbles are coming out. If I could get mine to look more like that I'd make marbles all day long. Whatever you're doing, you have a GREAT technique!

However, what's going on w/ the bottoms (esp w/ the green on the right)?

Well let's see to answer the second question first, I'm an idiot. Didn't measure out enough wax to fill both molds so I just topped it off with a greenish black, turned out more black in the pic. My camera sucks. On the others it's where the two colors combine after heat gunning them, which doesn't bother me as I think it adds to the look of the candle. No way around it that I know of with how dry I get the wax to hold the marble color. I want more control of the marble so I let the wax get pretty dry. Hope that answers your questions. BTW the green one with the black bottom is in the remelt pile.:cry2:

I really like those, especially the top picture. Did you scent them?

Can you share how to marble pillars? Can you only do the technique with paraffin?

I've only tried it in parafin but I followed the directions from the techniques and ideas button to the left. Originally I let the wax get a little drier than the directions on accident but I found that that probably lets me control the marble a little better. Give it a try. It's easy and as you can see the results are pretty cool.

Very nice marbles.....I like the first ones the best...they really look like marble. Candkekitty is the one who posted instructions for the way she does them and I found it to be the best. She puts a towel over the mold so it doesn't splatter and slams it hard on the counter...it really helps to pack the wax. I found that doing this helps the candle burn better too. Haven't see "the kitty" on here lately....she must be working hard. Donita