Best Way to Wash Pour Pots

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the scent and ALL of the FO residue out of one of my pour pots. We have tried heating with the gun, then washing and scrubbing, leaving the HOT water running on it, and, I can't seem to get it ALL out.

Do you knowledgable folks have any tips or tricks as to cleaning these things and getting them ready for your next batch of candles?

Wouldn't be such a big deal if our next batch were the same scent as the one we just poured but, they aren't.

I take my pour pot and put it upside down on a cookie sheet with paper towels on it and put in oven for a few minutes to clean my pot,,BUT you do not have to worry that the scent before will be there for the next scent. It does go away,,,hth

after i clean the wax mixture out of my pots, i use wax remover spray to finish the cleaning. gets all of the mixture out and ready for the next batch.

uote=Breanna

take my pour pot and put it upside down on a cookie sheet with paper towels on it and put in oven for a few minutes to clean my pot,,BUT you do not have to worry that the scent before will be there for the next scent. It does go away,,,hth

Clean your pour pots? Bah!

I'm with Lindsay....I wipe all residue out with a paper towel while still warm and that's it. There's simply not enough of anything left to have any impact on the next pour.

I do the same thing. If the wax has hardened, I scrape as much of it out, heat the remaining wax with the heat gun, then wipe off. I do this for FOs that I'm just testing. For the ones I already sell, I have one pour pot per FO - no clean up involved. :grin2:

I had been wiping out with a paper towel then washing in hot soapy water. Today I took the unscented baby wipe advice from this board and two wipes later I had a clean pour pot! Much easier and less time consuming.

I really appreciate all the tips I find here. Thanks so much everyone.