** What's in your pot for the week/end? **

Happy Easter if you celebrate :) Is anyone playing in wax or oil or all you being all good and being with family?

We've got baby chicks - well, they're 6 weeks old already, but they're still cute. Farm store gave us 9 for free when we picked up feed.

Mostly website in my pot - working on a modification to osCommerce to support wholesale accounts logging in and purchasing instead of emailing orders. Think I just got 2 more up in WA :)

And maybe some playing around with new stuff that I've been meaning to make - a stain stick, and some peppermint tooth soap. Need to design some labels.

Whazzup with you guys?

Right now I'm waiting for soy wax to cool so I can pour. Doing Lilac, Plumeria, Clean Cotton, Country Gift Shop, Apple Pie, Blueberry Muffin and Pear Spice.

Then I plan to tinker with sl in lotion and candelilla in lip butter. Need to restock a few paraffin scents as well and pour up a few scents for an order. Why do customers have to always order ONE MORE candle per scent than I currently have stocked already on my shelves? I am SURE they must peek at my candle shelves at night while I'm asleep ... :grin2:

I am hoping to spend tomorrow afternoon candle making with my brother's girlfriend (and one of my very best friends!). We're both brand new, I've tested two scents in two pounds of wax so far and this is her first pour. I want to do bubble gum in soy, mostly as a test and for my own use (obviously I don't sell... very green...lol). Not sure what Jodi will be whipping up.

What does Country Gift Shop smell like? Sounds nice...

This weekend is all Hurricanes for me. I've spent far too much time experimenting lately and its time to catch up on the things I should have been doing.

BrandNewToCandles: Sounds like you'll have a fun weekend.

Cheers to all

Janette

Happy Easter if you celebrate :) Is anyone playing in wax or oil or all you being all good and being with family?

We've got baby chicks - well, they're 6 weeks old already, but they're still cute. Farm store gave us 9 for free when we picked up feed.

Mostly website in my pot - working on a modification to osCommerce to support wholesale accounts logging in and purchasing instead of emailing orders. Think I just got 2 more up in WA :)

And maybe some playing around with new stuff that I've been meaning to make - a stain stick, and some peppermint tooth soap. Need to design some labels.

Whazzup with you guys?

How cute that you have chicks Robin. You do know that feed store do that so that they can unload chick starter feed too right? LOL!

I have Pink Lemonade. Green Clover & Aloe, Granny Smith Apple and Cinnamon Carmel Latti to test.

If my Peaks order comes today, I'll be pouring Green Cloer & Aloe for my testers.

Have to pour a few Cucumber Melon candles. Also I have to revamp my list because of all the new scents.

Lots of labeling too. Happy Easter everyon!

My pot will contain several super-secret non-candle activities that will occur in a clandestine location :P (okay, I'll be mowing my yard, washing my motorcycle, and running a couple of miles). Otherwise, I'll be test burning candles with my Premier 700 wicks!

geek

I'm making up some Easter baskets for my sister and mom for this weekend. Besides that I have a couple orders for some B&B stuff, so I'll be making lotions, bubble bath (bombs), shampoo, conditioner, M&P soaps and some CP soap. IF I get a chance I'll be pouring and testing Greenleaf's 70/30 blend that just came today! :yay:

That's probably all, as I only have this afternoon and tomorrow morning to get it all done. :) I'll be pretty busy.

I will be testing the shampoo I made last night, building a retaining wall and backfilling with pee gravel, planting roses, putting up a pool we bought for the girls..... Who knows what else. We will have Easter dinner with my folks too. :grin2:

My daughter is coming home from a trip to Florida, so we will be making some containers that she is donating to her class basket for a family fun night, testing the new 4 oz apothecarys that I got with some cherry vanilla FO and premier 700 wicks. Besides doing the easter bunny thing and the family dinner thing.

Test burning the last few FO's in the new jars. I hate testing. I need to make lots of soap... I haven't soaped a thing all week, and I'm having withdrawls.

I have to finish up my taxes tonight before I do anything else... gotta get those filed before I go to bed. Yeah, I'm a procrastinator, big time.

I've got 4 dozen eggs a boilin for dying eggs tonite with the kids.

I'm still testing pillars.. got 3 burning now.. my hugging is looking better,lol.

I had a request for tarts and have no clue on what type of wax to use, so will be searching for that, then testing them in her chosen scent first,plumeria Mmmm. I need to make a ton of votives and work on my garden soap recipe.

And I'am also itching to make soap!

pix

working on a modification to osCommerce to support wholesale accounts logging in and purchasing instead of emailing orders.

I've been trying to find someone to do this for my site without costing an arm and a leg! LOL I'm osCommerce stupid and can't even get that kind of cart on my site...ugh

I have a few small orders to fill and then it's emptying the garage...my dad is coming up next week to wire my garage and build me work tables to convert the whole garage into a workshop. :yay: I've outgrown the house!

Happy Easter! I'll be filling orders for candles, lotions, etc. And making more milk cp soap. I'm really loving the outcome of these milk soaps. I've used cows milk and have made one batch using organic soy milk. Haven't botched a batch with milk so far....(keeping fingers crossed).

Only thing in my pots this weekend will be all the stuff I need to carry back down into the basement to get it off my kitchen counters, stove top, and table so I can do some easter crafts with the kids and actually eat dinner someplace other than the tv trays in the living room. maybe when I get the candle mess cleaned up, I'll bring up the m&p soap stuff up to make some soaps for my neices for easter. .....oooh, then dose of reality...I'll get nothing done with a 13 month old running around, gotta color eggs at Grandmas tonight or early tomorrow morning so we can take them with our easter dinner baskets to get blessed at church noon tomorrow, then 2:00 tomorrow huge egg hunt at friends house (40 kids, the crazy nut has 1000 eggs filled with jelly beans to hide). Anyway...everyone have a blessed holiday.

Hi,

I made some more dipped critters (in Crushed Velvet and Vanilla Honey Butter) to come to a craft show with me. Show was today. Didn't make booth. It was raining out. I know I wanted to roll over and go back to sleep when the alarm went off, so can't blame the customers.

For the rest of the weekend, I think I'm going to put every sign of soap, bath bombs, candles and dipped critters away and reclaim my kitchen to make dinner for 8 people. But I'll have a good long nap first.

Michelle

I will be pouring all my scents this weekend as I'm going to be making my scent samples! I'm sure to have candle nose by the end of the weekend. Will also be spending some time with the in-laws (oh boy!).

:shocked2: Did I just say that??? :shocked2:

Actually it's not that bad. Just church and a little Easter brunch. Maybe taking a nap this afternoon because I need one really bad!!!!!

Waiting for Jodi to call and set up a time for our pour. Realized that I can't do bubble gum after all, no pink color has arrived yet. Might be good, though, save the good smells for after I've tested more. Think I'll pour pecan pie today instead.

I did have a very productive afternoon on the boards, researching wicks. Then a successful go at the classifieds, got a sample envelope of wicks to try out, saved me a fortune of buying seperately from a supplier. I LOVE the classifieds!!

I'm going to have a great day today! {gotta work tomorrow :cry2: } Got the house to myself, so it's going to be candles, mp soap, want to do cp soap...one of my testers claims it helpls her acne...I just keep my mouth shut! Gonna put my turtles in the outside "swimming pool" for an hour or two to get some real sun...heck it's pushing 90 degrees here! Nobody to tell me I'm "smelling" up the house with all those FOs! Yippeeee!! :yay: