Pouring Pots bigger than 4 lbs?

You will find full pots over 4lb's get very heavy fast and wear your arm out. Just use 2 4LB and make 2 batches. If you are worried about them not being the same color just use a 3rd pot and pour half of each into it and back into your other pots that way the color will be mixed the same.

Check out Wick's Wares 5 pound pour pot. I just got one of these and I love it. I can do a dozen candles now instead of 8 using the regular 4 pound pour pot as i couldn't control the wax flow as it was heavy.

It has a ring handle on the side, that can get hot so use something to grab it with, and the pot makes a small steady stream while you are pouring. Big plus it doesn't drip! I am getting more of these!

http://wickswares.safeshopper.com/4/cat4.htm?114

Check out Wick's Wares 5 pound pour pot. I just got one of these and I love it. I can do a dozen candles now instead of 8 using the regular 4 pound pour pot as i couldn't control the wax flow as it was heavy.

It has a ring handle on the side, that can get hot so use something to grab it with, and the pot makes a small steady stream while you are pouring. Big plus it doesn't drip! I am getting more of these!

Looks easier to use.....just worry about burning my fingers...

These do work great! I got mine from a resturant supply place. That extra handle is really helpful..

Have you tried those pots? They look nice. I've wondered how they pour.

The one from Candlewic is heavy as hell when full. Its very solid construction and would last a strong, able bodied person a long time. I think with the right amount of physical strength, it would be ideal for production candlemaking. You notice how I emphasis the STRONG person- this pot about broke my arm. I have the one they no longer carry on the site.- it's commercial grade. The one in the photo on the site now isn't nearly as heavy duty.

The one from BCN is perfect- it holds alot of wax- at least a gallon. Great pot for the price. If you do candles per scent in case quantities~ it is the ideal tool. If you use a melter, you can knock out candles incredibly fast with a couple of cases of these pots. I rigged the poured spout for better accuracy when pouring into containers for virtually no mess.