embeds and pillars

• 6 months later...

One way is to get the heart embed and melt it slightly on a hot pan or summit. You can then stick the embed to the pillar candle and it should stick in quite well. To make it more secure, you can then dip the candle in dip and carve wax and just remove the excess over the embed. Also one technique i like it melting the embed slightly like above and stiking it to the inside walls of the mould itself. If you then put the finished candle (with the wax poured in the mould around the candle) in a water bath pretty quickly, the finished pillar looks great with the embed in securely, but it can still be seen well!!!

(If you make your own embeds i've found using microcrystalline hard helps prevent them from bleeding, you only need like 1%)

Hope thats helps!

You can buy little tins of it in stores that sell candles. The stuff that I have is called Stickum. It is used to secure tapers in candle holders. I was buying it by the pound but a tiny little tin will last for a long long time. I use a natural bristle brush so it won't melt and melt the wax and brush on a very very thin coat. Good luck. Donita